Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    I can't imagine Durant and James playing together. Durant wants to be better than Lebron, it seems like something he is borderline obsessed with.
    I know its never going to happen but a boy can dream

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can't believe people want that. I would much rather have the NBA be competitive, with multiple teams having a real shot at winning a title.

3. Likes SSJPhenom, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think many people want that. I think the only ones that do are LeBron fans who desperately want him to win a few more titles to support his claim to GOAT.

No, as you said, I'd much rather have a NBA where injury isn't the only thing that can derail who we know is going to win. I want more than a two or three team league. When the Finals started this year, watching those few analysts trying desperately to convince people and themselves that the series was going to be competitive was laughable. (Looking at that dumbass Skip Bayless. He so desperately wanted the narrative to be that LeBron had a legit chance to win so that when he lost, like he knew LeBron would, he could say that it was because he wasn't good enough. God I hate him.) That's why I want James to move out West. We'd have another competitive team that could potentially stop the Warriors and the league would be all the better for it.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 06-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Teams with 2 superstars is what the league needs.

Lebron in LA with Paul George.

Seth and Klay.

Harden and Chris Paul.

Kyrie and Tatum.

Embiid and Simmons.

Hypotheticals...

KD or Kawi with Russel Wesbrook or Anthony Davis.

Porzingis with Giannis.

This is the ideal league IMO. 8-10 teams with two superstars, and the team that does the best to compliment their superstars with the right role players and system... they will win it all.

I wish they would readjust the cap where this was possible.

7. Likes SSJPhenom, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kawhi, PG13 and Lebron in LA, ohhhh my gooood!!

...Golden State in 6 games.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    I can't believe people want that. I would much rather have the NBA be competitive, with multiple teams having a real shot at winning a title.
    Yeah i'd like that too but i dont look at it as viable when all the media does is make it about rings. As long as that's the garbage narrative pedalled out then players that want greatness will inevitably form super teams. So now it becomes about what superteam would I like to see even if it means the we have to wait until the very end of the season to see anything that resembles competition

11. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Super teams have long existed. Only difference is now the players have more control over their movement. Very few teams that didn't have at least two superstars have won titles.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Paul George re-signed with the Thunder. Good for OKC. They won't compete this year or even get out of the first round, but they have a chance next season after Melo leaves.

It's yet another free agent miss for the Lakers, and can we stop taking them seriously? I know it's the Lakers and they used to be very good and it's a great place to live, but free agents don't seem to care. Shaq was their last big free agent signing (both literally and figuratively), and that was 22 years ago. Unless the current roster takes a big step forward, they're a first round exit at best this season, so they're mostly irrelevant.

The Warriors re-signed Durant, and well you had to expect this. They're the favorites to win a championship, and it's almost guaranteed barring anything major.

Now to the big question - where is Lebron going? Well the Rockets don't have the cap space, the Cavs are garbage, and the Lakers missed out on PG. So his best option would be the 76ers, especially if they can somehow get Kawhi. That's Lebron's best (and maybe only) chance to beat the Warriors.

The Rockets and Celtics haven't really done anything, but they should both be contenders. The Rockets were up 3-2 on the Warriors with a healthy Chris Paul, so that should be a great WCF series this season. The Celtics almost went to the Finals with both Kyrie and Hayward out. I'd still take the Warriors to win it all, but they're certainly up there.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 07-01-2018 at 03:42 PM.

15. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DeAndre Jordan signed with Dallas today.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lebron has officially signed with the Lakers. 4 Year, $154M

19. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information