Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Season has been fun so far. The best thing about it is that with so many strong teams, there's always at least one interesting match-up a day... which hasn't happened in a while.

Clippers look tough to beat early on (though they're currently losing to the Suns...), and the Lakers will get better and will probably look unbeatable not too long from now. Pelicans are a good team without Zion. I'm really interested to see what they look like with him on the floor. Porzingis and Doncic look real, but the Mavs probably need more depth if they want to make the playoffs. Utah needs a stud if they ever want to make it out of the West. They're stacked, but they don't have a perennial star that you seem to need nowadays to win in the playoffs. The East is too tough to predict. Nobody looks particularly outstanding so far and I'm still not sold on the 6ers and Bucks after losing Butler and Brogdon.

Clippers or Lakers win the chip barring injury. I have little doubt.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lakers are doing the damn thang right now. They've beaten some quality teams on this 5 game winning streak. While the Clippers have lost to some, uh, not so stellar teams. I know it's still early, but anyone who thought LeBron was showing his age needs to rethink that. Two back to back triple doubles over the weekend. They're going to be very tough to beat if they stay healthy.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ I think this guy likes the Lakers.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am rooting for the Lakers, but I'm not so much a Lakers fan as I am a LBJ fan.

Is this going to be the year that Devin Booker finally breaks out and becomes an Allstar/Superstar? Booker has always been a great scorer, but his individual success has been at the expense of his team's success. This season, so far (and I know the season is young), that hasn't been the case. He's been a great scorer, however, he's been more efficient, he's been assisting more, rebounding more, and his plus/minus is at it's highest. Above all of that, though, his team is winning. The Suns are 5-2 right now this season and they're number 2 in the West right now. Again, the season is young, but nothing about their wins this season suggests that their success is unsustainable. They've beaten some quality teams so far. They've beaten the Clippers and Sixers; two teams that a lot of people think will be in the Finals and they only lost to the Jazz by 1 point. The last time the Suns started a season like this was in 09-10 and they ended up going to the Western Conference Finals. I'm not sure if the Suns will make it that far, however, they do have a great duo, just like all the other good teams, in Booker and Ayton.

So will we finally see Booker take that next step as a NBA player and become an Allstar/Superstar? What do you guys think?

7. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How bout them 8-3 Raptors... just saying. I was stunned when they took out the Lakers on the road despite having 3 of their top 8 out with injury, even more stunned when they gave the Clippers a real game and beat the Blazers with 4 of their top 8 out. People probably have no idea who Nick Nurse is, but he's legitimately one of the best coaches in the league in my opinion and always gives his team a chance to win.

Since I doubt anyone wants to discuss Toronto though... Philly is proving me right early on. Looking like a pretty average team right now. The Clippers haven't been as dominant as I thought they'd be but that will likely change once Paul George comes back. Portland is all of the sudden awful and if they don't turn it around soon, they're going to be in tough when it comes to making the playoffs in the West. Most surprising team to me is Boston. Thought they'd be decent but not the best team in the league ten games in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    How bout them 8-3 Raptors... just saying. I was stunned when they took out the Lakers on the road despite having 3 of their top 8 out with injury, even more stunned when they gave the Clippers a real game and beat the Blazers with 4 of their top 8 out. People probably have no idea who Nick Nurse is, but he's legitimately one of the best coaches in the league in my opinion and always gives his team a chance to win.

Since I doubt anyone wants to discuss Toronto though... Philly is proving me right early on. Looking like a pretty average team right now. The Clippers haven't been as dominant as I thought they'd be but that will likely change once Paul George comes back. Portland is all of the sudden awful and if they don't turn it around soon, they're going to be in tough when it comes to making the playoffs in the West. Most surprising team to me is Boston. Thought they'd be decent but not the best team in the league ten games in.
    Toronto is a very good team. They've always been a good team. All Kawhi did was put them over the top (although, I believe whole heartedly that had the Warriors been healthy it would've been a different outcome). Toronto has always been a team that can contend. Honestly, Derozan wasn't all that great. He only made the Allstar teams that he did because he was in the East. Now that he's in the West, I doubt he'll be making anymore. So Toronto isn't surprising me at all. Boston on the other hand is very surprising. They look amazing. I thought Kemba would fit their system better than Kyrie but not to this extend. Also, Gordon Hayward was back to form before breaking his hand. I hope he comes back as good as he was before he got injured. Dude was back to Allstar level.

The Clippers are going to be alright come the playoffs. They just look average now because Kawhi misses every game he can. How bout them Lakers though? Did anyone see LeBron over the weekend? Yep, that's a man whose lost a step. Gimme a break. Still calling Lakers/Philly in the Finals. Although, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Boston get's there with the way they've been playing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Early season nba form means very little. I remember when Melo used to have the knicks up and going beating the Lebron led heat and everyone carried on. Pretty sure they finished 8th

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    LeBron makes history again becoming the first and ONLY player in NBA history to have a triple double against every team in the league. I hope that he can keep this up all season. It's unprecedented what he's doing at his age. We've never seen a player 35 and in their 17th season do the things that LBJ is doing. He's still the best player in the NBA right now and if he keeps going like this, he's going to be until he no longer wants to. Age will hit LeBron at some point, but judging from his play right now, it's still a ways away.

On another note, what do you guys think of Melo joining the Trailblazers? Do you think that he can help them? Can he give them a scoring boost? They definitely didn't get him for his defense. I hope Melo can be something akin to his old self. I don't want him to go out they way my favorite player Allen Iverson did. I want him to have that retirement season that D-Wade had or Kobe had.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    LeBron makes history again becoming the first and ONLY player in NBA history to have a triple double against every team in the league. I hope that he can keep this up all season. It's unprecedented what he's doing at his age. We've never seen a player 35 and in their 17th season do the things that LBJ is doing. He's still the best player in the NBA right now and if he keeps going like this, he's going to be until he no longer wants to. Age will hit LeBron at some point, but judging from his play right now, it's still a ways away.

On another note, what do you guys think of Melo joining the Trailblazers? Do you think that he can help them? Can he give them a scoring boost? They definitely didn't get him for his defense. I hope Melo can be something akin to his old self. I don't want him to go out they way my favorite player Allen Iverson did. I want him to have that retirement season that D-Wade had or Kobe had.
    LeBron is one of those guys who spends millions of dollars per year on nutrition and just taking care of his body. Look at Tom Brady. Same model. No reason to think LeBron can't keep this up as long as Brady has.

13. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    LeBron is definitely impressive this year but has anyone seen this kid Luca Doncic? He's downright spectacular. People are already calling him the best 20 year old to ever play in the NBA and they're saying that as of right now he's having the best sophomore season in the history of the league. What do you guys think? Is Doncic the real deal? Will he be the next huge superstar in the league or will this all amount to as much as Jeremy Lin did? Is he just a flash in the pan like Linsanity or is he here to stay?

15. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information