Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seen this coming a mile away. The Lakers are an instant top 4 team in the west now. If they land Leonard, which I think they will given that if SA waits they'll lose him for nothing and no other team is going to trade for him because he's made it clear he's going to LA when his contact is up, then they'll be a favorite for a title run.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Seen this coming a mile away. The Lakers are an instant top 4 team in the west now. If they land Leonard, which I think they will given that if SA waits they'll lose him for nothing and no other team is going to trade for him because he's made it clear he's going to LA when his contact is up, then they'll be a favorite for a title run.
    Lebron and Kawhi is a great start, but wouldn't they need a third all star to beat the Warriors?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Lebron and Kawhi is a great start, but wouldn't they need a third all star to beat the Warriors?
    It depends what the Lakers would give up for Leonard. Kuzma had a decent year and will only get better. People still believe in Lonzo Ball (not sure if I do, but there are some that do). Brandon Ingram would likely be part of any deal for Leonard, but he is blossoming into a decent player. The Lakers also have signed Caldwell-Pope.

The Lakers have some talent which would be decent around LeBron and Kawhi. Of course, the rumors are swirling that DeMarcus Cousins could join the Lakers too. I don't know how Cousins would fit in with James and Leonard, but he'd be your third star.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At least the Western Conference playoffs will be fun to watch. GS, Houston, LA, SA, and OKC all gonna have strong teams.

GS's going to have a tough time making it out again.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    At least the Western Conference playoffs will be fun to watch. GS, Houston, LA, SA, and OKC all gonna have strong teams.

GS's going to have a tough time making it out again.
    Not sure if I agree. Houston losing Ariza will hurt. OKC isn't going to be any better next year and possibly worse as Anthony continues to deteriorate. It sounds like Leonard doesn't want to be in SA anymore. And who knows what the Lakers roster will end up being.

The West will definitely be the conference to beat next year, but I'm not sure how much more difficult it will be for GS.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Not sure if I agree. Houston losing Ariza will hurt. OKC isn't going to be any better next year and possibly worse as Anthony continues to deteriorate. It sounds like Leonard doesn't want to be in SA anymore. And who knows what the Lakers roster will end up being.

The West will definitely be the conference to beat next year, but I'm not sure how much more difficult it will be for GS.
    I'm not too worried about Houston. Losing Ariza leaves a gap for sure, but, assuming the Rockets don't sign a Redick or Stephenson to sew that hole up, they'll likely just upgrade Mbah a Moute to a more prominent role. While he's not necessarily an upgrade, more minutes could see him match Ariza's offensive efficiency. They're still GS's biggest threat in my book, unless Kawhi joins LA of course. As for OKC, I just have a feeling they'll find their footing next year and come out of the regular season looking like the powerful force their roster implies they should be. Melo likely transitions into more of a role player which means more touches for Westbrook and George with Adams possibly transitioning into their third option on offense. Plus, Adams continues to improve year by year and if he can do so again, that means only good things for the Thunder.

The rest really depends on what happens with FA, but if Leonard stays in SA, they'll at least be formidable. And of course, LA has Lebron. If they can add one more all-star caliber player like say, Boogie Cousins, they'll have a decent shot at competing with the Warriors. I agree that GS is easily the best option (again) to come out of the West at this point. I do think next year will be tougher for them though, especially if they have to face 2 or more of the 4 teams mentioned throughout the playoffs.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I still believe Golden State is the team to beat. Good addition for the Lakers by getting LeBron. He will make an impact for the Lakers. But, I'm skeptical, the Lakers need 1 more to seriously challenge in the west. But, what do I know? I've been wrong many times before. Also NBA Championships aren't won in Free Agency. Let's see what happens in mid-April when the playoffs begin.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Golden State is still the team to beat. As I've said a million times, the way they play is just as important as the talent they have. You can't just throw random offensive talent together and expect to win. The Lakers could've signed James, Cousins, Paul George and Leonard, and I would still pick the Warriors.

14. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lakers got Lance Stephenson, Lebron James, and Javale Mcgee yesterday. I imagine 1st round draft pick + Ingram + 2nd rounder is going to go to the Spurs for Leonard. Ball, Stephenson, Leonard, James, Mcgee as a starting 5 with Kuzma and Randall coming off the bench. That's a lot of ball movement, a great deal of energy, some great defense, and okay shooting. There's still the idea that Cousins could sign as well, but I'm not sure about the math behind having Lebron, Cousins, and Leonard.

16. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Kawhi and Cousins join Lebron in LA, their defense will be more exciting than the offense, especially with Stephenson and KCP there as well.

18. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information