Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DeMarcus Cousins has just signed a one year deal.........WITH THE FUCKING WARRIORS!!!!!! This is totally fucking unfair. Their starting line up is literally the west all star starting 5. WTF, this has gone too far. I don't even have words right now. The NBA needs to set some new rules or something. I can't even...... There goes next season. Wonder who's going to win??????

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I legit LOL'D.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DEMARCUS COUSINS SIGNED WITH THE WARRRIORS!!! THEY NOW HAVE NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR, BUT FIVE ALL STARS!!!

Honestly the NBA is a joke. I'm not watching this season.

6. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was the smartest move for Cousins to make. He wasn't getting any quality offers since he's coming off an ACL tear. He has a year to prove himself worthy of a max contract, why not go to a sure thing and win a championship?

And from Golden State's side, you don't say no to acquiring a talent like Cousins for so cheap.

But yeah, it's still ridiculous, I get it. It's really all Kevin Durant's fault honestly; it was such a cowardly move going to Golden State like he did and it set a horrible precedent for the rest of the league to follow.

That said, it's just one year. And then GS will have to be disbanded one way or another with so many contracts coming to an end next offseason.

8. Likes SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seriously, GS's starting 5 consists of 5 all stars, 3 of which were selected as starters for the 2018 All Star Game. How is that fair? Remember when the NBA wouldn't let CP3 go to the Lakers because they said it wouldn't be a fair trade? How can they let this happen? I'm all for players getting to choose where they want to play but this kind of stuff is ridiculous. There has to be some kind of line.

This coming season is not going to be fun.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wonder if Cousins realizes he won't be allowed to score unless he's putting his own rebound back in....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    It was the smartest move for Cousins to make. He wasn't getting any quality offers since he's coming off an ACL tear. He has a year to prove himself worthy of a max contract, why not go to a sure thing and win a championship?

And from Golden State's side, you don't say no to acquiring a talent like Cousins for so cheap.

But yeah, it's still ridiculous, I get it. It's really all Kevin Durant's fault honestly; it was such a cowardly move going to Golden State like he did and it set a horrible precedent for the rest of the league to follow.

That said, it's just one year. And then GS will have to be disbanded one way or another with so many contracts coming to an end next offseason.
    I would argue James set this precedent when he helped create the Heat. He tried it again with the Cavs. The only thing the Warriors are really guilty of is doing it better than everyone else. It also makes the Chris Paul trade rejection hilarious by comparison.

I’ve come to realize my problem with the NBA currently is this direction it’s turned. I give James a lot of shit because he’s supposed to be above this, at least in my opinion, but in this culture, how could one player do anything on their own? Well except in the East James practically did that this year.

It also makes comparisons between players from this era nearly impossible to players from others. When teams like the Warriors of the past two years win a championship, it’s almost watered down. I excuse their first because they built that team on their own with no huge signings.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As for the Cousins trade itself, it makes this coming year even more predictable than last. However, itâ??s best for all parties involved. He can show heâ??s back to good health, while also making a proper recovery because the Warriors know they donâ??t need him. But when heâ??s there, he fits their system almost perfectly as a big who can score from anywhere.

Plus they got him super cheap.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    I would argue James set this precedent when he helped create the Heat.
    LeBron James did not go to a championship team. He actually went to a team that missed the playoffs and brought Bosh with him.

What is happening now is completely different. You have some of the best players in the league joining the best team in the league (KD to the Warriors after the 73 win season, Cousins after the NBA championship). What James did and what is happening now is completely different. What is happening now is more like Payton and Malone joining the Lakers in the early 90s, except KD and Cousins are still in their prime.

The only thing the Warriors are really guilty of is doing it better than everyone else.
    I wouldn't say they are guilty of anything. I'm not a fan, but the Warriors aren't doing anything against the rules or ethically wrong. The Warriors job is to win championships. That's it. Blame KD and Cousins, if you want, but you cannot blame the Warriors.

It also makes the Chris Paul trade rejection hilarious by comparison.
    This is 100% true. It was ridiculous to begin with but even more ridiculous now. The only difference is David Stern isn't the commish and the NBA isn't running the Warriors.

It also makes comparisons between players from this era nearly impossible to players from others. When teams like the Warriors of the past two years win a championship, itâ??s almost watered down. I excuse their first because they built that team on their own with no huge signings.
    The Warriors only won the first title because Irving and Love were both hurt. They would not have won otherwise, I'm fairly convinced of that.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cousins is saying he had zero offers from any other team.... so really to blame is the rest of the league.

The Lakers not going after him makes zero sense to me. Or why not Cleveland? Or a team like Toronto who's just one key piece away from being real contenders? Portland?

WTF how do all of these teams not offer a 27-year-old 4x All-Star a contract, which in turn allows him to go somewhere to help an almost unbeatable team, become unbeatable?

Thread Information