Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    That’s as dumb as insinuating the Warriors were better without KD.

Literally the only upside to not getting him is having decent money to fill out the roster.
    That's exactly my point. Now they have money to fill out their roster.

2. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Thatâ??s as dumb as insinuating the Warriors were better without KD.

Literally the only upside to not getting him is having decent money to fill out the roster.
    And fill out the roster they did. They have signed Danny Green, Rondo, Jared Dudley, Javelle McGee, Quiton Cook, and last but nothing short of least Demarcus Cousins. Their learning from their mistakes. Instead of focusing on play-making with that abysmal roster they had last season, this season they're focusing on 3pt shooting and defense. Also, the beauty of signing Cousins seems to be lost on a lot of people. By the start of the season he should be back healthy or very very very close to 100%. I think he and James have a lot to prove and I think they're going to be a very very good team. A lot better than last season anyway. I'm thinking around 56-26 will be their record.

Leonard not signing with the Lakers makes this upcoming season of NBA basketball the most exciting it has been in over a decade. Literally one third of the league can legit compete for a championship this up coming season. Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Nuggets in the west and Sixers, Boston, and Milwaukee in the east. I think it's going to be very fun to watch. Imagine a Western Conference Finals between the Lakers and Clippers. That'd be amazing to watch.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Nuggets in the west and Sixers, Boston, and Milwaukee in the east
    No love for the Jazz? What about the Warriors? They are the Western Conference Champions, regardless of the loss of talent via Free Agency. And man, the East looks mad bleak.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think the Warriors will be a playoff team with just Curry and Green. If Klay can come back in Feb. or March though relatively healthy, they'd be a tough out. I think their loss of KD, Iggy, Cousins, Cook, and Klay's injury is going to make them pretty much unable to win a Chip this coming season. They lost some major pieces there.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cousins should be back healthy early in the season, but I do wonder if the pressure from returning from injury will impact him like it did with GS. He and AD worked pretty well together in New Orleans, so if they click again and he proves to be healthy, he will be a very underrated signing. Rondo coming back is a bit of a surprise after he had some choice words about the situation in LA last year, but he has always been abrasive.

OKC finna hit tank city though, PG forced his way out....again, and Westbrook has proven time and time again to be a very good individual player who has issues working in a team setting due to his stat chasing, so it will be interesting to see how his potential exit plays out. The Jerami Grant trade got the Thunder under the tax threshold so OKC has more power in a potential trade, but the front office has to ask themselves, do they go for the playoffs with the roster as it and have another early exit or do they move Westbrook (and potentially Steve Adams) to add to the massive haul they got from the Clippers? If they blow it all up, it's gonna be a hard few years but the fans seem loyalish since the move so it may be the best bit.

Speaking of Paul George, even as a Pacers fan I could not have predicted two years later that Indy won that trade in an extremely lop sided deal. Seriously, who saw that coming? Funny enough, when PG was in Indy he cheated on his gf and knocked up a stripper. He also fucked Roy Hibbert's girl, but that's another story. Anyway, PG's ex? Doc Rivers daughter. That should be fun.

Houston likely won't be a threat. CP3 hasn't been healthy in a while and while Harden had a better than normal playoffs for him last year (he has been historically bad at times) he isn't enough to carry the team in a playoff setting because the way the games are officiated. Denver is gonna be a threat though. They have an underrated team.

I still don't buy Philly as legit until Simmons develops a jumper or they move him. I've said it many times, they will continue to be a good team that can't get over the hump until they either rework the offense so Embiid and Simmons don't have counterproductive offensive games or they move one of them for pieces that compliment the guy they keep.

The Bucks are likely the best of a bad bunch in the East. Boston and Philly will be around the top seed, and teams like Indiana, Brooklyn, and Miami (my East pick to make the playoffs after missing) will be teams around 50 wins, but the East just feels like the little brother to the West again.

Toronto still have the talent to play a bit above .500 and sneak into the playoffs but it doesn't matter because they did their damage and left their mark.

Since I picked the Heat in the East, I'm gonna say the Mavs are the team in the West to get into the playoffs.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, SSJPhenom liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why did you want Kawhi to be a Laker? Are you an actual Lakers fan? These mega-teamups make the league far less competitive.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    Why did you want Kawhi to be a Laker? Are you an actual Lakers fan? These mega-teamups make the league far less competitive.
    The only reason I would have wanted Kawhi to be a Laker is because LeBron James is the greatest to have ever played and I am so over the whole "title" argument being used against him.

Other than that, the NBA should be fairly competitive next year. Obviously the West is simply loaded. The Lakers and the Clippers (especially the Clippers) seem to be the favorites, but Golden State with Curry, Green and the newly added Russell should be good enough to get into the playoffs, at which point Klay Thompson may be back and then anything could happen. People also seem to be forgetting that Houston was arguably the best team in the NBA not located in Oakland the last couple of years and have not really lost much from last season. I think the Spurs may be an interesting team to watch next year, because I think they could surprise people who aren't talking about them right now. And I've seen some analysts who think the Jazz could be very dangerous.

The same argument is essentially made for Boston. They lost Kyrie, but that may be addition by subtraction. They replaced Kyrie with Kemba Walker and still have an abundance of talent (Brown, Tatum, Hayward). Losing Horford will be the thing to watch in Boston. The Bucks will be back and should still be great. The 76ers played the NBA Champions tougher than any other team in the playoffs and should be tough next year.

It could make for a very competitive NBA season next year.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    The only reason I would have wanted Kawhi to be a Laker is because LeBron James is the greatest to have ever played and I am so over the whole "title" argument being used against him.
    Yeah, that would've been great. The Lakers could've won the next three then that would've put LBJ at 6 chips and 12 Finals. Meaning, he would've matched the number of wins that Jordan has but he would have doubled the number of Finals appearances. Also, 8 of those Finals appearances were consecutive. There no longer would've been an argument that could've been made against LBJ being the best player of all the times. He's on track now, barring injury of course, to be the league's all time leading scorer and be top 5 in assists by the time he retires. If he could, in the process of that add some more rings; then all those haters out there would have to wake up and smell the roses.

Beautiful thing, though, is that he's still in a great position now to win at least another chip. If he leads the Lakers to a chip with the power in the league so evenly spread, people are going to have to accept LBJ as arguably the greatest player ever. Point is, he's still adding ammo to his argument as greatest. I bet Skip Bayless would've gone into cardiac arrest if Leonard signed with the Lakers.

16. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Yeah, that would've been great. The Lakers could've won the next three then that would've put LBJ at 6 chips and 12 Finals. Meaning, he would've matched the number of wins that Jordan has but he would have doubled the number of Finals appearances. Also, 8 of those Finals appearances were consecutive. There no longer would've been an argument that could've been made against LBJ being the best player of all the times. He's on track now, barring injury of course, to be the league's all time leading scorer and be top 5 in assists by the time he retires. If he could, in the process of that add some more rings; then all those haters out there would have to wake up and smell the roses.

Beautiful thing, though, is that he's still in a great position now to win at least another chip. If he leads the Lakers to a chip with the power in the league so evenly spread, people are going to have to accept LBJ as arguably the greatest player ever. Point is, he's still adding ammo to his argument as greatest. I bet Skip Bayless would've gone into cardiac arrest if Leonard signed with the Lakers.
    Or not. None of that changes the fact that he ran away to play with the best in the league because he couldnâ??t do it otherwise. Please give me the Pippen argument (like I was ever going to respond anyway). Then tell me when he colluded to play with him because he couldnâ??t win.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why do people still debate Lebron vs MJ?

Not calling anyone out of course. It just feels pointless. Neither side will ever change their mind.

Thread Information