Thread: Your Top 5 Possible Dream Matches

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your Top 5 Possible Dream Matches

What are your top 5 dream matches, on the grounds that it must be/have been possible?

1. Austin/Hogan
    2. HBK/The Rock
    3. Sting/Taker
    4. Lesnar/Batista
    5. DDP/The Rock

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I chose matches that are currently possible but will most likely never happen.

Lesnar/Bryan - The ultimate David vs Goliath matchup. The man who loves wrestling versus the man who just wants a payday.

Lesnar/Owens - Worth it just for the promos between Owens and Heyman.

Taker/Owens - This could have happened at WM 32, but they had to go with Shane.

Angle/Owens - You may could say I'm a Kevin Owens fan.

Taker/Ambrose - Only if we get crazy lunatic Ambrose instead of goofy Ambrose.

Honorable mentions are Angle vs practically everyone.

3. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    In no particular order:

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar - I'd probably be cringing the entire time and couldn't enjoy it the first time around as I'd be so concerned with Bryan getting injured. The thing basically writes itself as the ultimate, passionate wrestling babyface against the ultimate, passionless wrestling mercenary.

Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles - Just put these two in an iron man match and say "go nuts, fellas."

Johnny Gargano vs. Kevin Owens - This one seems kinda random, which is one reason why I chose it. I think it'd be a lot of fun to see Owens heeling it up against Gargano, who right now is probably the purest babyface in wrestling since Daniel Bryan. The storytelling, the action, the psychology could all be off the charts good, especially if they portray Owens more as this calculating sociopath that we, in my opinion, should see more of.

WarGames: Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Johnny Gargano, Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman vs. The Miz, Kevin Owens, Tomasso Ciampa, Dean Ambrose & Lars Sullivan - Probably won't even come close to happening but I just thought it'd be cool to see five top babyfaces square off against guys who already are, could be considered or might be their top opposite one day. People wanna see Bryan & the Miz, Styles vs. sociopathic Kevin Owens instead of whiny heel Owens has the makings of pure greatness, Gargano vs. Ciampa is obvious, Rollins being turned on by a heel Dean Ambrose is also something a lot of us want to see and Strowman & Sullivan serve as the bruisers of the match.

Not really sure about a fifth one right now, probably have to think on it.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With the exception of Undertaker's concussion at WrestleMania 30 and legit punching Strowman on purpose, Brock hasn't hurt or injured anyone since returning in 2012. I would be more concerned with Bryan facing Rollins than Lesnar.

As for my dream matches my top one would have been Ricky Steamboat vs Shawn Michaels. Ricky is my all time favorite wrestler and these two never locked up on screen. Easily just looking at it on paper you can tell it would have been a classic.

For present day matches that are likely still possible, honestly I would like to see the Brock Lesnar that isn't held back by the Suplex City thing against a variety of opponents mainly Bryan, Sheamus, Rusev, Rollins, etc. An actual hardcore match against Ambrose would have been terrific. I will forget my disappointment being so excited for that only to be pissed off the rest of the show because of how much of a turd that match was at Mania 32.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll go with matches that can still happen someday. For example (not Austin vs Hogan).

1. Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar

2. CM Punk vs AJ Styles

3. Nakamura vs Chris Jericho

4. The Shield vs Balor, Gallows, Anderson - WarGames

5. The Hardys vs The Usos vs The New Day - Triangle TLC match

Oh, look, this could be an actual card. Let's put some more in there.

6. Triple H vs Kevin Owens - No DQs

7. Samoa Joe vs John Cena

8. Asuka vs Rousey vs Charlotte

I'd pay a lot of money for this card.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undying View Post
    With the exception of Undertaker's concussion at WrestleMania 30 and legit punching Strowman on purpose, Brock hasn't hurt or injured anyone since returning in 2012. I would be more concerned with Bryan facing Rollins than Lesnar.
    Uh...

Click for Spoiler:

As for dream matches - I tried to make this as varied as I could:

Angle vs. Bryan - Legitimately that match could be incredible, even today (assuming both men's health is up to it)
    Michaels vs. Lesnar - Could you imagine how Shawn would just sell this (we saw glimpses of it in the HHH/Lesnar feud)
    Tanahashi vs. Cena - Two ultra-babyfaces who do things for the right reason but are sometimes a little shady (how many finisher's would it take to put either man down)
    Mysterio vs. Strowman - Just...can you imagine the carnage? The giant slaying luchadore versus the monster among men? Yes please.
    The New Day vs. The Elite - I don't like The Young Bucks that much (nor do I loathe them as much as others), but this has a ready built meta-story if you follow their respective YoutTube series and would be such, such fun. Omega vs. Woods (Creed) at Street Fight V was memorable in and of itself: inside the squared circle? Yes please!

Thread Information