Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RAW LD - April 2nd 2018 - Is He a Cowboy? A Man in Black? Will We See Where He's At?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RAW LD - April 2nd 2018 - Is He a Cowboy? A Man in Black? Will We See Where He's At?

Oh lord are we there yet?

WrestleMania 34 looks like a stacked card that's had, frankly, one of the weirder builds of modern times:

• Attempting to get the (at best) divisive 'Big Dog' and anointed face of the company cheered by having him get murdered at every turn by a special attraction, fighting machine champion? Check.
    • Having a rusty aging hero and a green all conqueror pair up to take on two executives who are self-aware but still clearly believe and buy into their own hype? Check.
    • Making two cool, though clearly under performing, babyfaces seem like total idiots by a cunning though now widely adored villain? Check.
    • Turning a bully monster into a bullied monster? Check.
    • Putting the hottest act on the card into a fun (though middling) tag team championship programme that makes the entire division look weak by comparison? Check.
    • And then there's the Undertaker vs. John Cena 'feud'...

Where do we even begin with that last one? For weeks Cena has blathered on and on about not having a spot at WrestleMania, in spite of the fact he's John bloody Cena and resorted, after failing to get into either WWE or Universal Championship matches, to calling out a supposedly retired Undertaker. He's called him a coward, a self-centred, ego-maniacal son of a bitch and last week resorted to stealing moves and mannerisms from 'The Phenom' during (and after) his match with 'Taker's brother, Kane. Tonight is the final chance for the 'Deadman' to rise once more and accept a match we all know is taking place. The real question of course is under what circumstances does this one take place? Is it a gimmick match? Which Undertaker shows up? Will he show up tonight or just at Mania? Can John Cena stop making ridiculous faces and cutting daft promos? We'll find out tonight as RAW sends its side of the card home to WrassleMania 34!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Remember when Cena cut that promo during the Cena/Roman feud where Cena shit on Undertaker calling him old and washed up with a busted hip and how Roman beating him meant nothing? Fun times.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Coulda been worse. Coulda been gay jokes.

In fact, it was once gay jokes.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Taker's time is up, Cena's time is now. You can't see him... His time is now!

I wanted to stay stay awake to watch this but the clocks went forward last week and I'm too tired. That said, I'm about as excited as I should be right now. The WWE had a shaky start to this build but they've did an okay job. They've crammed as many talents onto the card as they can. Tonight should go off without hitch and I'm looking forward to seeing Taker again. Maybe.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Am I the only one really digging this Cena/Undertaker storyline?

Granted, that's predicated on whether or not they actually turn Cena heel and have him retire Taker. If not, it's gonna be pretty mediocre storyline wise (still think the match itself will be fine)

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Am I the only one really digging this Cena/Undertaker storyline?

Granted, that's predicated on whether or not they actually turn Cena heel and have him retire Taker. If not, it's gonna be pretty mediocre storyline wise (still think the match itself will be fine)
    Yeah I agree with you on the fight itself. I don't think it'll be as bad as many of us think. And I kinda like not seeing Undertaker all this time. If he shows up tonight, it'll get loud and I think that's what WWE's gunning for. Something sweet to put in video packages to hype up future Wrestlemanias.

Also, nice Fritz avatar. Love Ralph Bakshi.

8. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Yeah I agree with you on the fight itself. I don't think it'll be as bad as many of us think. And I kinda like not seeing Undertaker all this time. If he shows up tonight, it'll get loud and I think that's what WWE's gunning for. Something sweet to put in video packages to hype up future Wrestlemanias.

Also, nice Fritz avatar. Love Ralph Bakshi.
    I think it's a perfect storm for a Cena heel turn. I think the number one issue with the WWE now is that they play too safe, and for as much flak as people like Russo get (most of the time it's justified to be fair), a real major swerve once in a while would really benefit the industry. If Cena or Taker win without much of a hitch, nobody is really going to care a week after it happens, it'll just be "Oh, at this Wrestlemania, Cena and Undertaker fought, and they had a decent match."

And yeah, Bakshi's awesome. I've been on a 70's binge recently, but Fritz has always been one of my personal favourites. I like to call it "Furry Heavy Metal."

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Undertaker comes out at the top of RAW
    John Cena comes out second.
    CENA: I've been calling you out for weeks.
    UNDERTAKER: Have you? I couldn't see you.

12. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Remember when Cena cut that promo during the Cena/Roman feud where Cena shit on Undertaker calling him old and washed up with a busted hip and how Roman beating him meant nothing? Fun times.
    Didn't until Shin shared it in the meme thread. It's like Cena is making fun of himself but he's too good for us to notice.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Say what you will about Steph, but those pants.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information