Thread: Blue Brand Star Asking For His Release?

Blue Brand Star Asking For His Release?

There are rumors going about that current SmackDown Live star and former 2 time United States Champion Rusev asked for his release about a month or so ago. The rumors state that Rusev asked for his release due to being unhappy as to how he was being used and that one reason he was moved from the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal to the United States Championship match was because of the popularity and merchandise sales of Rusev Day.

I don't follow social media but there have been a number of articles and stories that've shown messages that Rusev has left on Twitter in which it SEEMS that Rusev is unhappy and kinda sorta taking shots at the company. From what I remember, nothing that I read in those reports seemed over the top or anything, but you did get the feeling that he didn't like how he was being used. We've all heard that Rusev and Lana, at times, have gotten into trouble backstage because of their social media posts have resulted in the company having to change plans or scrap storylines, such as when Lana announced she and Rusev were engaged while the whole Rusev & Summer Raw and Dolph Ziggler & Lana storyline was going on. Personally, I'm glad that storyline was ended because it sucked but I guess that wasn't the point as far as executives were concerned.

People like the whole Rusev Day thing so I think WWE should just accept it, run with it and milk it all they can. Send Rusev and Aiden English to Raw, build them up as a legit tag team and push them as a top tag team for the brand.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's not a great endorsement of his talents by putting him in the least appealing match on the card. I hope he eats the pin because that could create an interesting atmosphere for the rest of the show. I think in the long run it'll benefit him to have two years away and return like McIntyre did or like Rhodes will in the future. He's certainly well rounded enough to up his stock on the indy scene.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As of recently, Rusev's "Happy Rusev Day" shirt became the highest selling item on WWE Shop Zone.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-...r-for-wwe-shop

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/rus...seller-in-wwe/

There's no denying now that Rusev is popular, marketable, and profitable. If he gets another run with the US title soon, then that will not surprise me. I have to imagine that at this moment that Rusev is very happy with himself. I have no idea why he would request his release from the company, when the doors are about to be finally thrust open for him.

Thread Information