Thread: CM Punk To Fight In The UFC Again

CM Punk To Fight In The UFC Again

It was announced earlier today that CM Punk will make his return to the Octagon at UFC 226, which takes place on June 9th. Punk will still be fighting in the Welterweight class and his opponent is 33 year old Houston native Mike "the Truth" Jackson. Jackson, like Punk, has a win-loss record of 0-1 and, in what's a funny little twist, his sole fight and loss occurred against Mickey Gall, the same guy who defeated Punk in Punk's debut fight at UFC 203 back in September 2016.

The only reason I bring it up is because I couldn't help but get a chuckle from the possibility of Punk losing to the fighter who lost to the same guy he lost to. While Punk will almost certainly never be ranked among the MMA greats, especially if he loses in June, I don't think Punk cares and it comes off, at least to me, even more so than ever that this is just something of a hobby for Punk, just something to do in order to fill up his time more than anything else. I mean, Punk officially turns 40 in October so he's long since passed by the days and years in which athletes are considered to be in their prime. I suppose there's a positive side here in that there's little to no way Punk can do any worse his 2nd time around than he did in his debut. Against Gall, Punk didn't even land a punch or a takedown so the only way he can do any worse is if he just stands there with his arms at his sides. That or if he winds up crapping himself though I'd rather get the crap beaten outta me than just stand there.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thatâ??s all well and good but we may as well just fast forward a couple years to when he returns to WWE on terms he spoke so highly against for so long like a part time schedule and high salary. Yeah there are some who want him to get his skull caved in and others who want him to do well but at the end of the day Punk will earn another ridiculous paycheck while laughing at his 2nd lost all while driving home and thinking to himself how well his master plan to return to WWE as a mega star is going all according to plan.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I never bought Punk's "I don't give a shit" persona. I think his skin is a lot thinner than he puts out. He definitely cares about being a joke, especially in the MMA world. I imagine he will get wrecked again, but I don't know how bad the other guy is.

Thread Information