• Goldberg

2 50.00%
  • Randy Orton

2 50.00%

Thread: SCF Tournament, Round of 32 - Goldberg vs. Randy Orton

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Round of 32 - Goldberg vs. Randy Orton

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in Indianapolis, Indiana and is a Round of 32 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#10 Goldberg vs. #23 Randy Orton

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is a tough one. If we go by legacy, tenure, in ring ability, and mic skills then Randy Orton is head and shoulders the better professional wrestler. There's always that good ole kayfabe argument though, isn't there? In that argument there is no way in hell Goldberg would lose to Orton. He'd destroy Orton as quick as he's destroyed anyone.

This one is tough. I'll wait to read other's opinions before I vote.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    This is a tough one. If we go by legacy, tenure, in ring ability, and mic skills then Randy Orton is head and shoulders the better professional wrestler. There's always that good ole kayfabe argument though, isn't there? In that argument there is no way in hell Goldberg would lose to Orton. He'd destroy Orton as quick as he's destroyed anyone.

This one is tough. I'll wait to read other's opinions before I vote.
    There is a way in hell Goldberg would lose to Orton. If Kevin Nash, a wrestler who didn't qualify for the tournament ended Goldberg's streak, then a 2009 heel Orton most definitely has a chance. The kryptonite for monster faces like Goldberg and Warrior are cheating heels, and Orton, during his top heel run, was not above dirty deeds to win a match, especially with the assistance of The Legacy. It is an extremely close match as Goldberg still does have a kayfabe advantage, but Orton is ultimately the far more well-rounded and gifted wrestler. Goldberg did essentially clean out an entire locker room's worth of talent, but it was still just one locker room, with Sting and Hollywood Hogan probably being the highlights, with only Sting maybe being at the height of his career.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Say what you will about the man, but Goldberg was never boring.

Can't even remember the last time I was excited to see Orton. Bill gets my vote here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I forgot to vote on the poll, so I'll break the tie by saying Randy Orton.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Goldberg lit the world on fire and rose to the top of two companies in relatively short order. Randy Orton needed multiple superstars to be injured/on other shows in order to be top dog, and his reigns were short.

Goldberg.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm disappointed how long it's taken me to come up with Blandy Snorton, but I'm debuting it here.

I can't think of a single established main eventer I'd put Orton over. Maybe Benoit. But Goldberg is a good father and husband by all accounts, so that's out.

Nobody has ever said 'I can't wait to see Randy Orton' like they do for Goldberg.

Thread Information