• Sting

2 40.00%
  • Kurt Angle

3 60.00%

Thread: SCF Tournament, Round of 32 - Sting vs. Kurt Angle

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Round of 32 - Sting vs. Kurt Angle

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in Orlando, Florida and is a Round of 32 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#14 Sting vs. #19 Kurt Angle

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is another one of those tough ones. Each one of these gentlemen have accomplished so much in professional wrestling and been so good that I'd be fine with either man winning here. Sting has a little more of a legacy than Angle does IMO, however, Angle isn't far behind. Both men are great in the ring and on the mic. I'd give Angle the advantage in the ring, but Sting isn't far behind.

I'm waiting to see other arguments before I make a decision.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love Angle for his unparalleled in-ring ability, he's my favourite in-ring performer of all time because he really has it all in that department. However, when it comes to his accomplishments and overall legacy, I think he gets overrated a little bit. During Angle's career, he served well as either a goofy or badass heel, or some combination of both, as well as a couple of great face runs, but ultimately, found himself in the shadows of others, never able to become THE guy, even in his face runs. The closest he got was during the Invasion, and even that had him turn heel again for no good reason.

Sting however, was the #1 guy more than once in WCW's tenure, including in perhaps WCW's brightest hour (you could argue that the NWO were bigger than Sting, but that was an entire faction and ethos, whereas Sting was one performer). While he could fulfil the role that Angle found himself perpetually in, being elevating main event talent, Sting actually succeeded in becoming the top WCW draw on more than one occasion. Sting definitely has the advantage with this match.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think this is probably Sting for me. Angle was an incredible talent but the fact remains that he was a lot closer to his prime when in TNA than Sting was and yet Sting was unquestionably the bigger draw, even though he wasn't presented as front and centre. Sting is a fantastic competitor and I think his longevity and general ability should have carried him forward.

Thread Information