Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 34 LD - The House of the Rising Sun

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The main event wasn't nearly as good as their first match, but it wasn't as bad as people are saying. People wanted to hate this match.

2. Likes BoTheDMBFantomas liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Despite getting a decent night's sleep I still feel drained after last night's show (being at a rowdy Mania party probably had something to do with at as well). My thoughts:

Andre Battle Royal - Good for Hardy, the only guy I wanted to win. Maybe we can get the Wyatt face run we should have gotten 2 years ago.

CW Title - Good match, indifferent on the winner. Ali's outfit and entrance was awesome though.

Women's Battle Royal - Glad to see Bayley wise up and one-up Sasha but why Naomi?

IC Title - Killer opener that kicked the show off on a high note. Rollins' whitewalker gear was pretty great too.

SD Women's Title - Hell of a match that could have used a little more time but they tore the house down regardless. Absolutely shocked to see Asuka lose, by tap out no less. Glad Carmella didn't cash-in too.

US Title - Decent but nothing special. Mahal pinning Rusev was an eye-roller but a totally expected eye-roller.

Angle/Rousey vs HHH/Steph - This was a blast and was the match that popped my party the most. Just a fun ride from beginning to end with all four participants performing well. Rousey looked very good and I'm excited to see her against some legit competition now.

SD Tag Title - Quicker than expected but not bad. There's a better match down the road for these three for sure, but they told a solid story of New Day/Usos working together against the BB and still getting pummeled.

Cena vs Taker - Surprised it was a squash but a smart move. Not only should Taker never wrestle a long match again, but kayfabe wise it'd make sense for Cena to be unprepared after showing up as a fan with little expectation to wrestle. Taker came, did his thing, and left before he could embarrass himself. Also, Cena's time spent in the crowd was hilarious as was the Elias trolling.

Bryan/Shane vs KO/Zayn - Shane holding his own by himself during the opening portion was cringe-worthy (but expected at this point) but things took off once Bryan came in and did his thing. He looked great and I'm RELIEVED nobody turned heel because it simply wasn't necessary.

Raw Women's Title - This went on WAY too long as it should have been Nia killing Bliss in about a minute or so (for both the story's sake and to give the crowd a breather after the Bryan match). Glad Nia won but this felt horribly over-thought.

WWE Title - This might be the biggest victim of the overly long Mania run-time. Though not the classic it was billed as, this was a really good match brought down by a totally spent crowd (and I don't blame them). People would have bitched, but if this happened at the middle of the card instead, the audience would have been electric. Nak's heel turned shocked the hell out of me but it could be just what he needs. I want to rewatch this more than any other now that the hype is gone to really pick it apart.

Raw Tag Title - LOLWUT? This was both hysterical and mildly infuriating (I was dying to know Braun's partner so seeing it turned into something of a joke is somewhat disappointing). However, the stream of hilarious tweets and memes caused by Nicholas' win kind of makes up for everything.

Universal Title: Eh? This was nowhere near as good as their WM 31 bout and Roman taking SIX F5's was absurd even to the non-fan watching with us. Brock winning let all of the air out of the room. Not because we're Roman fans, but because the Universal Title still won't be defended regularly after a year of inconsistent Lesnar matches.

Overall, 2/3 of the show was pretty great. But as with the last couple of Manias, things took a dive due to the crippling run-time (even the hardcore fans in my group were dosing off by the main event) and a few weird booking decisions. This was probably the best Mania since 31 but man did that main event end an otherwise fun show on a sour note.
    Last edited by Sean Valjean; 04-09-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They built Bliss up all year to be a credible adversary. Would have been awful to see all that go to waste because the girl who loses all the time just had to squash her.

This event needed those silly segments people love to shit on so they could have a breather.
    Last edited by Spidey; 04-09-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Brock Lesnar can lose in a minute and a half to a 50 year-old Goldberg 12 years removed from wrestling, Alexa Bliss can get squashed by a giant enraged by a deeply personal betrayal.

6. Likes supermatto64, Fillet Club liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't think WWE wanted to give fans more reason to hate the last hour of Wrestlemania.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Valjean View Post
    If Brock Lesnar can lose in a minute and a half to a 50 year-old Goldberg 12 years removed from wrestling, Alexa Bliss can get squashed by a giant enraged by a deeply personal betrayal.
    Two wrongs donâ??t make a right. Neither should have happened.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nia fighting from underneath didn't exactly light them on fire either. Swift and utter destruction would have likely garnered a bigger pop than Nia struggling against basically a child. Plus Jax would have looked like a KILLER which is an element of her character she's lacked for months now.

Not every story calls for a standard, back and forth match and this was one of them.

10. Likes supermatto64 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eh better late than never.

Rollins def. Balor, Miz (B+) Good match and a great opener.

Charlotte def. Asuka (B+) - Another good match. Asuka needed to lose at some point, and Charlotte is probably the best option.

Jinder def. Orton, Roode, Rusev (D+) - At least this is presumably setting up Rusevâ??s big title win down the road. Too bad thereâ??s not some â??grandest stage of them allâ? it could have happened at instead.

Angle/Rousey def. HHH/Steph (B+) - Wow this was actually really good and probably the MOTN so far. Rousey is going to fit right in WWE. Really good match.

Harper/Rowan def. New Day, Usos (D+) - This was my dark horse for MOTN, but if it was never going to get time, then it should have been on the pre-show. Disappointing.

Taker def. Cena (C) - Taker clearly canâ??t wrestle anymore. Sure fans will always pop for him, but with his match quality and ring shape rapidly declining, is there really a point? On top of that, the story was ridiculous at best. Cena whined for a whole month on Raw, pleading for Taker to show up. Then Taker finally shows up and practically squashes him. What exactly does that accomplish, besides a nostalgia pop?

Bryan/Shane def. Owens/Zayn (B-) - YES YES YES Daniel Bryan is back! What else can you say? This was all about him after he returned and should have been. Good match.

Nia def. Alexa (D+) - I still donâ??t care for Nia, so I didnâ??t really like this. She was a monster who never won anything, but then her best friend called her fat, so sheâ??s a sympathetic babyface? Sorry but that just feels forced. Bad match with a questionable result.

Styles def. Nakamura (C) - The expectations were simply too high. This was a fine match, but anything short of an instant 5 star classic was going to disappoint. Also Styles is maybe still injured? He said he wasnâ??t, but itâ??s clear something went wrong. Nakamura as a heel is interesting and sets up a rematch in the future. Still pretty disappointing.

Strowman/Nicholas def. Cesaro/Sheamus (D) - What? We traded in Samoa Joe or Lashley for a 10 year old kid? Why?

Lesnar def. Reigns (C) - Itâ??s clear WWE is desperate to get Reigns over, but delaying the inevitable isnâ??t going to do that. They can wait until WrestleMania 38. We all know Reigns is going to dethrone Lesnar and get booed out the building. All this accomplishes is holding the World Title hostage for yet another 6 months to a year. The actual match wasnâ??t as bad as some were saying, but itâ??s still not great.

Overall (C) - Thereâ??s some good stuff on this show. The first two matches were pretty awesome. Rousey is awesome. Bryan is back. Unfortunately, thereâ??s also a lot of bad on this show. The Raw Womenâ??s Title, SD Tag Titles, and main event matches were just bad. Styles vs Nakamura and Taker vs Cena were disappointing at best. Then thereâ??s the MAJOR problem - this show is FIVE HOURS LONG! And thatâ??s not even including a 2 hour pre show. Thatâ??s too long for any wretling show and really brings this grade down. As for the show, itâ??s better than 32 but nowhere close to 30 or 31. I would put it on par with 33. Plenty of good to take it up but plenty of bad to drag it right back down.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    The main event wasn't nearly as good as their first match, but it wasn't as bad as people are saying. People wanted to hate this match.
    That I agree with. And I'm sure that the vast majority of the fans there were expecting Reigns to win. If they had been expecting Lesnar to win, then the match most likely would have been received a lot better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    - I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Wyatt and Hardy as partners
    - Ali should've won the Cruiserweight title but neither are the guys to take that division forward
    - Like the women's MITB, I don't think the first female winner should be unsuccessful in their title challenge. Asuka winning and being on Smackdown where her undefeated streak quietly continues would be the best thing in the long run
    - If Asuka was losing I would've preferred a Carmella cash in. I'd prefer a controversial outcome over a bland one. Charlotte didn't need the victory
    - Cena undermined the ending anyway. What a doofus
    - I thought Jinder winning was the most intriguing outcome, but that says more about Roode and Orton than anything
    - I don't know why I doubted the mixed tag would be good, it was always going to be planned out beat-for-beat. Much like Big Show vs. Mayweather
    - The Usos should've known what would happen when they finally got on the main show
    - If Cena/Taker leads where I think it does next year then that match is fine by me
    - Nakamura has been such a dude the past year his heel turn should've come sooner
    - That's match was everything I expected it to be. Good but underwhelming
    - I hate the idea of Braun having a child as a tag partner. He's been a comedy figure for months now but the potential for who his partner could've been was more exciting than who it was
    - I can be swayed into thinking it's a great idea if Braun goes backstage to find the kid has been taken out by the team who they're supposed to be facing later in the night when they lose the belts
    - I enjoyed the main event. The outcome didn't surprise me

Thread Information