Thread: Brock Lesnar Re-signs with the WWE

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brock Lesnar Re-signs with the WWE

So with the ending of Wrestlemania seemingly surprising many fans, this piece of news should help cure some of the confusion.

WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon announced today that Universal Champion Brock Lesnar has re-signed with WWE. Lesnarâ??s next appearance is scheduled for the Greatest Royal Rumble event, where he will compete against Roman Reigns in a Steel Cage Match for the Universal Title at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27, at 7 p.m. AST.
    http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article...t-royal-rumble

So Brock Lesnar has re-signed, which makes his victory last night less shocking. Discuss.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They obviously signed it a couple of days ago and kept it quiet. So kudos to them for doing that since most people thought that Mania 34 would be Reigns crowning moment by default.

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was pretty sure he'd re-sign anyways. He gets paid large suns of money for relatively little work.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dana White saying he was coming back to UFC was a big hint towards him resigning.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    Dana White saying he was coming back to UFC was a big hint towards him resigning.
    Brock can and likely will do both to maximize his income. He can't even fight until his steroid suspension is up, and IIRC, that's still like 6-8 months away. Might as well wrestle in the meantime. I seem him wrestling until Summerslam, taking a fight sometime in October or November, and returning to the WWE at the Rumble. then they'll repeat the same cycle next year.
    Last edited by BaconBits; 04-10-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Lesnar returning is the sort of thing that MMA purists will despise, especially considering the PED scandal that came about from Lesnar's last bout with Mark Hunt but Lesnar brings in money and that's ultimately what it's about at the end of the day. It's the same thing with WWE and while some of us may rag on Lesnar, some of which is genuinely deserved, the guy obviously brings in big money.

As to any details, reports out this morning state that Lesnar's deal is said to be short term, at least that's what the Sporting News is saying. It's also being reported that Lesnar's deal will allow him to have at least one more UFC fight, though it'll be a minimum of 6 months since Lesnar can fight again due to the USADA testing, which Lesnar hasn't re-entered yet. Of course, Lesnar may not want to fight again at all and that all the talk with UFC was just leverage in his talks with WWE. Of course, the one flaw in thinking would lie in Lesnar's deal being short term, if that's actually the case.

It's also being reported that the decision to change the ending of Lesnar's match against Reigns at WrestleMania came about during the week and wasn't some last minute thing that came about and that it was kept even from the referee until the match itself was in progress.

Regardless of what Lesnar's deal is, it's pretty much accepted that he'll get whatever he wants out of Vince because...well...he always has before. If he wants to fight again, Vince'll let him do it. If he wants to hold the Universal Championship through next year's WrestleMania, I'm sure Vince would be all for it.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 04-10-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Lesnar returning is the sort of thing that MMA purists will despise, especially considering the PED scandal that came about from Lesnar's last bout with Mark Hunt but Lesnar brings in money and that's ultimately what it's about at the end of the day. It's the same thing with WWE and while some of us may rag on Lesnar, some of which is genuinely deserved, the guy obviously brings in big money.

As to any details, reports out this morning state that Lesnar's deal is said to be short term, at least that's what the Sporting News is saying. It's also being reported that Lesnar's deal will allow him to have at least one more UFC fight, though it'll be a minimum of 6 months since Lesnar can fight again due to the USADA testing, which Lesnar hasn't re-entered yet. Of course, Lesnar may not want to fight again at all and that all the talk with UFC was just leverage in his talks with WWE. Of course, the one flaw in thinking would lie in Lesnar's deal being short term, if that's actually the case.

It's also being reported that the decision to change the ending of Lesnar's match against Reigns at WrestleMania came about during the week and wasn't some last minute thing that came about and that it was kept even from the referee until the match itself was in progress.

Regardless of what Lesnar's deal is, it's pretty much accepted that he'll get whatever he wants out of Vince because...well...he always has before. If he wants to fight again, Vince'll let him do it. If he wants to hold the Universal Championship through next year's WrestleMania, I'm sure Vince would be all for it.
    The Sporting News now says it's a multi year deal with WWE with provisions to fight in the UFC.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is good for all parties involved. Iâ??m instantly more interested in a Raw or Pay per view when Brock is scheduled to be there. Him wrecking guys will never get old to me. Heâ??s the reason I got into wrestling back in 2002. I Was just flipping through channels then see him throwing Big Show around like a rag doll and was hooked.

I like big hoss battles in wrestling though, Iâ??m not too big on all the small indie guys who came in the last few years. My kind of a match is like Lars Sullivan vs Killian Dain or something along those lines so Iâ??m biased I suppose when it comes to Brock resigning and his suplex city matches.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I still haven't got what the deal is. Is it a multi-year deal or a short term deal? Cause I've read both. It seems like WWE has been playing a lot with the dirt sheets recently.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    I still haven't got what the deal is. Is it a multi-year deal or a short term deal? Cause I've read both. It seems like WWE has been playing a lot with the dirt sheets recently.
    Unless one asks Brock or Vince directly and they answer honestly, we probably won't know the terms. And I doubt they'd answer honestly, because if nobody actually knows, it brings an unpredictability to his appearances.

Thread Information