Thread: Greatest Royal Rumble - Undertaker vs Rusev Casket Match

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greatest Royal Rumble - Undertaker vs Rusev Casket Match

WWE announced that The Undertaker will be returning at the Greatest Royal Rumble event to take on Rusev in a casket match.

This probably won't be long and could have been far more interesting years ago, but I just see an Undertaker highlight match much like he did with Cena at Mania. Hit all his signatures, Rusev may get a move or two in, Tombstone, casket closed. I'm in the minority of not minding seeing Undertaker wrestle again especially if it's matches like he had with Cena where they are essentially squashes and just his main moves to pop the crowd from time to time. It's clear his days of working a long match like against Roman last year are over.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any high profile match for Rusev is fine by me. Could well be the last Casket match we ever see. Not that it matter, they're shit.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just announced on Twitter, that the match has been changed to Undertaker vs Chris Jericho.

I support this change, so long as it doesn't mean anything bad is happening with Rusev. Frankly, he was an odd choice as he's quite popular, and putting him against Undertaker makes him the de facto heel.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I doubt WWE care about his popularity all that much when pulling him out of this obviously big marquee match. They had him take the fall at WrestleMania and SD Live. I hope I'm wrong but unless creative have some impractical trick up their sleeve, this doesn't bode well for ol Rusev.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    At least now we'll get a more competitive match, right? Haha, who am I kidding, Jericho will fall quicker than Cena did.

I see Rusev in the US title match.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Aaaaand it's back to Rusev vs Taker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah this whole thing is befuddling to say the least.

So apparently the kayfabe reason it was changed was because Lana refused to let Rusev compete, which was seen by most to mean Rusev had asked for his release or something as it coincided with him removing all mentions of WWE from his social media and changing his avatar on twitter to "Something New" or something akin to that. Then Jericho was added in his place and was working social media as "King of the Casket Match". Now Lana has approved Rusev's participation and the match is back on.

The whole things seems like a combination of Rusev/Lana working social media, Jericho too, and WWE basically trying to figure out what they want to do with this event and just veering into the Lana stuff because it's convenient and doesn't make it look like they're making it up as they go along...which is what it very much seems like they're doing.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most compelling feud he's had in a long time.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I give this match the maximum of 5 minutes. Taker hits his moves and sends Rusev to the Casket in a quick Brock Lesnar-like squash match.

Thread Information