Thread: Is Greatest Royal Rumble going to be the best card WWE has ever put together?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is Greatest Royal Rumble going to be the best card WWE has ever put together?

Simple question, but this feels like they are pulling out every stop.
    HHH vs Cena
    Taker vs Rusev Casket Match
    Every non womens title on the line
    50 man Royal Rumble
    And thats just what announced so far.
    Is this the best card they've assembled?
    If not, what can / needs to be added to make it such?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's over the top, no doubt. I don't know if a great card equates to a good program. I need some cool-down time when watching a show that's two hours or more. In terms of star power, it's definitely one of the biggest that they've put together. I can't think of a bigger one off the top of my head.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good on paper but that doesn't mean much in WWE. I expect it to be a glorified house show. I think most will take it easy.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Looks good on paper but when you get right down to it, the show's really just a massively loaded house show. That's not to say that it won't be highly entertaining and interesting things won't go down, but a lot of it all comes down to the booking and how fans feel about the wrestlers in the matches in the first place. Of course, you also have the possibility that the Saudi fans may be much different than American fans; for all I know, they could be much more along the lines of Japanese fans in that they very much respect the wrestlers and are grateful to them for doing their best even if the outcome of a match isn't exactly what they may have wanted. American and European fans....well let's just say we're a pretty spoiled lot who aren't always appreciative of just how good we've got it, whether you want to apply that to wrestling or life in general.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    A thought popped into my head just now that might affect the show tomorrow. Saudi Arabia is a country packed with devout Muslims and it's custom for them to stop what they're doing several times a day in order to pray. I don't know the times in which these prayers are designated, or even if the times change on certain days for whatever reason, but I'm wondering if this means that the tomorrow's show will have an intermission, or more than one for that matter, because of the prayers.

My guess would be yes as the show is scheduled to be for at least 5 hours and since women aren't allowed in attendance, I see no reason why WWE's event will be given special treatment to keep from stopping. I was just flipping through the TV and saw this brief thing on History showing Muslims kneeling and praying and I suddenly remembered that's a huge deal for them.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Smackdown tag and Cruiserweight matches are when I'll be having my 15 minutes of prayer.

Thread Information