8 72.73%
  • The Undertaker

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - The Rock vs. The Undertaker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - The Rock vs. The Undertaker

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in San Antonio, Texas and is a Sweet 16 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#8 The Rock vs. #9 The Undertaker

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well this could be the end of the road for the Deadman, but I'm going to fight for him.

I know I'm going to see a lot of, 'Taker was never the number one guy, he's not as good on the mic, etc etc, however, what 'Taker does have on the Rock is longevity and legacy. By the way, 'Taker may not have never been the top guy in the entire company, however, a legit argument could definitely be made that he was the top guy on Smackdown from 2007-2009 as the main event scene constantly revolved around him. Also, 'Taker has beaten the Rock before so he's proven that he's more than capable of doing it.

The Rock might've electrified us, but it was only for about 7 years or so. The Undertaker has been digging holes and taking souls for the better part of 3 decades and has been a central peice of the roster for just about that entire time.

Vote 'Taker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Which is better the star that burns brightest or the one that burns longer? That's essentially the argument here. For me, Rock was able to not only reach the top of the profession, but transcend beyond it. Is that important here? Possibly not, but the fact remains that if you were going to set up a wrestling promotion tomorrow you would want the Rock as your star and not the Undertaker, who whilst may have been around for a long time, he spent quite a lot of that time being quite bad in the mid card. Rock was either shooting to the top or at the top, and I think that's down to his superior talents.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rock made being an asshole cool. Several of us copied him and got our asses spanked at school for it.

Come on, show of hands fellas. Who all here remembers when the playground was full of shitheads acting like god almighty because they saw him do it?

Vote Rock. He left a generation of us with sore bottoms. Taker, while an exceptional character, didn't get us in as much trouble as The Great One did.

And he was a fucking Satanic cult sacrifice dude.

Going with Taker on this.

Arguments can be made for either guy but I just always liked Taker more. Rock was a lot of fun but there were times I honestly just sorta wished he'd shut the hell up. I remember the wordless confrontation between Triple H and the Undertaker to start their build for WrestleMania XXVII in which they had the staredown and looked up at the WrestleMania sign. With a few gestures, body language and facial expressions, they "said" more than the Rock could with a 30 minute promo segment.

Also, the reason I'm going with Taker is, if I'm not mistaken, the Rock never defeated Taker in a 1 on 1 match.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post

Arguments can be made for either guy but I just always liked Taker more. Rock was a lot of fun but there were times I honestly just sorta wished he'd shut the hell up. I remember the wordless confrontation between Triple H and the Undertaker to start their build for WrestleMania XXVII in which they had the staredown and looked up at the WrestleMania sign. With a few gestures, body language and facial expressions, they "said" more than the Rock could with a 30 minute promo segment.

Also, the reason I'm going with Taker is, if I'm not mistaken, the Rock never defeated Taker in a 1 on 1 match.
    Actually, the Rock did beat 'Taker at Survivor Series 98 due to a choke slam from Kane that got 'Taker disqualified. However, 'Taker beat the Rock on Raw in a casket match (Trips interfered) and at King of the Ring 99 with the WWE Championship on the line (Trips interfered again). Basically, all of their matches ended with some sort of shenanigans but in their most important one on one match 'Taker was the one with his hand raised at the end after a Tombstone and a 1-2-3. The same would happen here.

Vote 'Taker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Both have arguments, do you go with longevity or impact? Rock was the undisputed number one guy when Austin was out for neck surgery. Undertaker's just always been kind of a special attraction rather than someone you build your company around. When Rock left is when a lot of wrestling fans stopped watching. But I was never a fan of either so ill flip a coin...Taker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rock has beaten Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan and John Cena at Wrestlemania. IMO that's he could have broken The Streak with that sort of resumé.

Vote Rock.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post

No Way Out 2002. One month before he beat Hogan, Rock beat Undertaker one-on-one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    No Way Out 2002. One month before he beat Hogan, Rock beat Undertaker one-on-one.
    Thanks to Flair and a well placed lead pipe to 'Taker's head.

Thread Information