Thread: #speakout

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#speakout

Has anyone been keeping up with British wrestling scene sex scandal. A couple of NXT:UK guys have been implicated, Devlin, Ligero and Joe Coffey if I remember correctly. I've also seen names like David Starr and Matt Riddle pop up on Twitter.

Could be the end for WWE's UK brand, even though there's no indication anything untoward happened between or at their shows.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Apparently it's happening not just in the UK, but is roping in others such as Dave Lagana, Jim Cornette, Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc and others. Wide range of accusations.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's appalling to see this many names being implicated, but it's great victims are coming out and sharing their stories.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Corbett's said he'll be addressing his allegations on the drive-thru this Sunday. But man there are a ton of messed up stuff I've been reading.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    Corbett's said he'll be addressing his allegations on the drive-thru this Sunday. But man there are a ton of messed up stuff I've been reading.
    Cornette*
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

I'm going to need some proof before I condemn anybody. I don't know if these women are telling the truth or not, I don't know any of them nor do I know any of the men accused. What I do know is that it's the easiest thing in the world to accuse someone of something on social media and I admit I'm suspicious about some of these. For instance, Matt Riddle's accusation came out just as he was about to make his "main roster" debut on SmackDown. The woman accusing Jordan Devlin claims to have posted pics of bruises he'd given her on Twitter. Not saying she's lying, again I don't know, but I do know it's also quite easy to doctor photos on social media these days.

I have a suspicious nature, always have and it's only been reinforced by nearly 15 years as a corrections officer. I've seen some men convicted of crimes who, in my opinion, got off easy while others were convicted who shouldn't have spent a day in jail. Odds are not all of these women are lying but there's a chance some of them are and false accusations of sexual assault can sometimes be enough to destroy a man both personally and professionally. What I'm most curious about is why these women didn't go to the authorities. Of course, the typical answer is that they were ashamed and/or feared nobody would believe them, which is legitimate in some situations. The problem is that it's become the automatic, go to defense for people claiming to be victims of sexual assault, both true and untrue alike. Another problem is that if you ask the question, someone somewhere is going to accuse you of trying to blame the victim and it's a very tricky situation because sometimes the only victim is the person being accused. For instance, remember the woman who accused Enzo Amore of raping her? Even though she was a notorious attention whore with a history of making outrageous claims, many people automatically flocked to her her side because she was both a woman and because she accused a man of sexual assault. She eventually admitted that it wasn't true but the damage in and of itself was done. Enzo was idiotic to try and hide the fact he was being investigated by WWE a secret, which was the final straw as the guy had a ton of heat on him, but he didn't deserve to be falsely accused of raping someone.

In my eyes, questions like "Do you have any physical evidence to go with your claim of being assaulted?", "Are you willing to undergo a medical examination to gather possible forensic evidence to bolster your case?" and various others MUST be asked. I know it person may feel as though they're being attacked or not believed, but it's the investigating officers' jobs to assure them isn't what's happening at all. It's just part of the process of investigation and while it may be uncomfortable and embarrassing to go through, it's got to be that way because sexual assault, in some ways, is a fate worse than death in the eyes of a lot of people. Hell, some people feel sexual assault should come with a life sentence in prison. Whether you agree or not, there are WAY too many who automatically jump on the bandwagon ready to crucify someone based on nothing more than someone's words and accusations. Sometimes, in some situations, that's just not enough in my opinion.

So far, that I'm aware of, Jim Cornette and his wife have been accused, Matt Riddle, Jordan Devlin, David Starr, Jack Gallagher, Dave Lagana, Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc and others have been accused. In the cases of David Starr and Jack Gallagher, there MIGHT be a little more to it than just accusations. Numerous companies have severed ties with Starr and Starr himself has said, via social media of course, that he's not a predator but that he was a "shitty partner" and that he's emotionally immature. I don't know exactly what that is supposed to mean but it feels, to me, like he's sort of acknowledging the possibility that something did go down. As for Gallagher, he's been released by WWE and, again, I'm wondering if he's had a conversation with WWE brass in which he revealed that maybe something inappropriate did go down
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With this type of movement, their so much shade of gray involve in them. If we can learn anything from the #metoo movement is that their going to be some people that will use the fact that so many peoples comes out and release their story to make false accusations and try to make some money of it. This type of thing seem to be happening already with Cornette and Riddle who seem to have proof that they are being falsely accuse. I know that Devlin and ligero also are trying to take the legal route to prove they are innocent.

The thing is, it seem like with movement like this, we are quick to take the side of the victims without questioning anything or having any proof that this truly happened. I've seen some claim being done that was making me think that it could have been settle between the 2 parties instead of waiting so long to expose it because they were misunderstanding. The Jack Gallagher one seem to be one of them as Jack didn't even remembered the event and was willing to apologize for it which tells me that this must have something to do with Jack being too drunk to remembered what happened and nobody talked to him afterward. Now he lost his job over this which could have been avoided.

Again i'm glad that victims of sexual abuse have the courage to finally expose their stories but i hate that others will take advantage of this to hurt and try to profit from the whole thing by sending false allegations or stories that were more misunderstanding and could have been solve with communication instead of putting them all over social media.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Always been a guilty until proven innocent guy myself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm always skeptical of stuff like this because while you get genuine claims you also get those trying to cash in. And trying to separate the genuine from the false is always difficult.

Matt Riddle has already lawyered up and has said his accuser has stalked him for 2 years. Jimmy Havoc sounds like he has serious emotional/mental health issues. Ironically his actions sound similar to some females in certain relationships. Jim Cornette just sounds like he has weird fetishes. Everyone else sounds like it could be plausible either way.

Let's not forget Enzo got accused of rape and his accuser turned out to be lying. Then there's the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard fiasco where everyone thought he was abusing her but it was her abusing him.

If there are genuine claims, press charges and take them to court. But I feel that if an accuser is found to be lying they should face charges. Right now they get away with it while the accused has to carry the stink of the accusations around with them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Joey Ryan has been accused too. *pretends to be shocked*

12. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Thread Information