View Poll Results: Who wins this matchup?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brock Lesnar

3 42.86%
  • Kurt Angle

4 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in Orlando, Florida and is a Sweet 16 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#3 Brock Lesnar vs. #19 Kurt Angle

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As a kid I was a huge fan of Brock and his match against Angle at WrestleMania XIX was the most I have ever been excited about for a match. You have two guys who are legit athletes with several accolades in amateur wrestling to include NCAA titles. Both multiple time Pro wrestling champions. Against each other I would say it's pretty even with I think 2 wins each apiece (WrestleMania XIX: Lesnar, Summerslam 03: Angle, Ironman match: Lesnar, IWGP/TNA title match: Angle). There's definitely a strong case for both and this is harder than I thought it would be.

I'm going to have to go with Angle on this one. It's been reported he legit took down Brock backstage and he also got to a higher level amateur wise if you want to go that route. Kayfabe wise he has more titles and has beaten the same guys that Brock has as well as having made Brock tap multiple times. Kurt was always kind of that kryptonite for Lesnar as he just steamrolled through everyone but always broke a sweat when wrestling Angle. So yeah, voting Kurt via tap out to the Ankle Lock but by a hair.

Also just imagine this match in MMA if Kurt when that route after the Olympics and Brock did as well straight out of college.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are three or four facets that make someone a great professional wrestler, and whilst Lesnar may have more of the look and is obviously stronger, Angle has the other qualities in significantly more abundance. Lesnar is boring and can't talk, and in modern wrestling that's vital. He's been booked like a freak show and I'm not sure anyone will long for his return once he finally does suplex off into the sunset.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Voting for Kurt because he can be funny or serious and in the age of perpetual sarcasm that's a neat trick.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazprom View Post
    There are three or four facets that make someone a great professional wrestler, and whilst Lesnar may have more of the look and is obviously stronger, Angle has the other qualities in significantly more abundance. Lesnar is boring and can't talk, and in modern wrestling that's vital. He's been booked like a freak show and I'm not sure anyone will long for his return once he finally does suplex off into the sunset.
    I think people have already got tired of the Brock Lesnar bowling through the WWE like a bull in a china shop. Isn't that why people were rooting for Roman Reigns of all people to go over Brock at Mania?

That said, I think that creates a fairly strong argument for Lesnar: with Lesnar's current booking (and I don't think he (or anyone since Hulk Hogan) has ever been booked to look stronger) there's no way he'd lose at this stage of the tournament, especially to a guy who was always near the top but never quite there, like Kurt Angle.

On the other hand, if you vote for which wrestler you believe to be the superior performer overall, there's no question that it's Angle. I'll be voting for Angle here because the only thing he doesn't do better than Brock is be booked to be a monster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's obvious who the better draw of the two is and while I'm sure everyone and their mothers would say Angle is a better in ring performer; I'd say don't let Suplex City blind you to what Brock can actually do. Brock can go. We've seen him go against Angle and have some of the absolute best matches of the early 2000s. They both have 2 wins against one another with Brock having the biggest win in the main event of 'Mania. That wasn't even Brock's prime, though. If Lesnar now, faced Angle then, well you guys know the story. Suplex City, no sell, F5.

Vote Brock.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 04-19-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    It's obvious who the better draw of the two is and while I'm sure everyone and their mothers would say Angle is a better in ring performer; I'd say don't let Suplex City blind you to what Brock can actually do. Brock can go. We've seen him go against Angle and have some of the absolute best matches of the early 2000s. They both have 2 wins against one another with Brock having the biggest win in the main event of 'Mania. That wasn't even Brock's prime, though. If Lesnar now, faced Angle then, well you guys know the story. Suplex City, no sell, F5.

Vote Brock.
    I don't think anyone would argue that Brock isn't capable of putting on a great show.

It's just that Angle is demonstrably better.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post

Vote Brock.
    Brock Lesnar VS AJ Style from Survior Series 17 tells me that prime Brock vs prime Angle wouldn't be suplex city, no sell, F5x

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Angle was a lot more entertaining for me, so I'm voting for him.

There's nothing interesting about suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, suplex, F5, F5, F5, pinfall.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post

That said, I think that creates a fairly strong argument for Lesnar: with Lesnar's current booking (and I don't think he (or anyone since Hulk Hogan) has ever been booked to look stronger) there's no way he'd lose at this stage of the tournament, especially to a guy who was always near the top but never quite there, like Kurt Angle.
    Actually the opposite is true. If Lesnar wasn’t going to win the tournament, he would absolutely go out early. In the same way that Hogan did at WrestleMania IV. It’s a lot easier to write someone out earlier on without having them lose clean. Angle is one of the only people to have ever been booked as a threat to Lesnar, if you wanted rid, as you surely would, now is the time.

Thread Information