View Poll Results: Who wins this matchup?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andre the Giant

5 71.43%
  • Ric Flair

2 28.57%

Thread: SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - Andre the Giant vs. Ric Flair

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Sweet Sixteen - Andre the Giant vs. Ric Flair

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in Orlando, Florida and is a Sweet 16 matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#11 Andre the Giant vs. #6 Ric Flair

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We don't even need to discuss legacies and what not because what is Flair going to do to Andre? Chop him? Put him in the Figure Four and have Andre tap? The only thing that could possibly happen would be Flair getting a quick roll up like he once did to Vader, however, I don't see it. What I see is Flair getting dominated by Andre, running from Andre, getting a quick chop on him, then when Andre no sells it Flair will drop to his knees and beg only for Andre to go back to dominating him. Andre goes over here, IMO.

Vote Andre.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ric Flair cheats like a motherfucker though.

My heart says Andre, but I don't see why Ric can't squeak out the controversial win here. I can change my mind on this but for now it looks to me like a guy like Andre's kryptonite is someone who isn't going to beat him conventionally, and that guy is his opponent this round.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Ric Flair cheats like a motherfucker though.

My heart says Andre, but I don't see why Ric can't squeak out the controversial win here. I can change my mind on this but for now it looks to me like a guy like Andre's kryptonite is someone who isn't going to beat him conventionally, and that guy is his opponent this round.
    How is Flair going to cheat in this one? He probably can't even reach Andre's eye to poke them, he'd have to be well within Andre's reach to kick him the nads, and I don't think Ric Flair could trap Andre in the ropes if there were four of him.

Andre didn't lose for decades, I believe. You don't think he encountered a few cheaters along the way? Andre's kryptonite is guys that are big enough and strong enough to match him, and Ric Flair is neither of those things. Even if Ric Flair did manage to cheat effectively in this match, what's he going to do to get the win over Andre? How's he going to inflict enough damage to pin him? How's he going to apply the figure four to a man with tree trunk legs?

It's an unlucky draw for Flair– he could very easily be a final 4 candidate– but this one is money in the bank for Andre.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Andre the Giant would win this in kayfabe. Flair could cheat to win, but the only time Andre ever really lost in his career was when he was a heel himself, which doesn't lend itself to being cheated. Even then, the people that beat him were the louder than life strongmen and not the wily canivers. Outside the ring, Andre is more recognisable and whilst its true to say Flair is the only two time hall of famer, Andre is the reason they built it in the first place.

Thread Information