Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If this were a movie, nobody would believe it...

The President is having a tough time with not being able to resort to his usual strategy of stonewalling CNN journalists and extolling Fox News' most low brow programming by immediately tweeting about what he saw on Fox and Friends.

Here's a wild idea, hire an introvert to be your lawyer. I get that Mr. Cohen would have likely been held in contempt if he didn't cough up Sean Hannity's name, but Mr. Giuliani brain farted his admission that Mr. Cohen had been reimbursed for what was obviously hush money only so that he could downplay the severity of the payout. So, he pretty much shot himself in the foot with an atom bomb.

These are very offbeat times, it's as if someone from the WrestleZone Prison is the President, and we're only able to comment on their low-brow approaches to serious issues. The potential North-South Korea peace thing is wonderful, but let's not forget that The President's approach to the issue was to tweet a not-so thinly veiled nuclear threat against another country. I don't want to see someone get the Nobel Peace Prize for boasting about having a larger stockpile of weapons of mass destruction.

Kanye is involved in the mix as well, because why the fuck shouldn't he be?

The worst that I can see coming of Stormygate is if it's proven than Mr. Cohen's payout to Ms. Daniels was an undeclared campaign contribution. Which I understand would result in fines from the Federal Election Commission and The Department of Justice.

While most of the President's voting base are too busy trying to figure out a catchy new way to be a racist asshole that they can't be bothered with investing any of the precious few brain cells they have to develop an informed opinion regarding the President's deplorable behavior, enough centrists seem to have come to the rational conclusion that they're being fed bullshit on a daily basis to where The Rock could easily be our next President in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    enough centrists seem to have come to the rational conclusion that they're being fed bullshit on a daily basis to where The Rock could easily be our next President in 2020.
    Three years ago, I would never have wanted The Rock as a President.

Today I'd be thrilled as hell...plus it'd be fun watching The Rock asking Putin if he wanted to go horse riding shirtless.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So do you guys still believe Trump colluded with the Russians? I think the Americans need to accept that they'll likely have Trump until the end of 2024.

Also, when I used to post on WZF I always got the vibe that Sly was a Republican. Man was I wrong haha

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Slyfox696 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    So do you guys still believe Trump colluded with the Russians? I think the Americans need to accept that they'll likely have Trump until the end of 2024.

Also, when I used to post on WZF I always got the vibe that Sly was a Republican. Man was I wrong haha
    Collusion is a very difficult thing to prove, and I'm one of those individuals that's all about facts over speculation. I don't think that Donald Trump colluded with Russian officials to undermine the 2016 election, I think that Donald Trump is an attention whore who wanted to exploit his name and image in as many ways possible and that included bumping elbows with Russian oligarchs. Up until the massive shift in momentum where the likelihood of being elected completely flip-flopped between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Trump was already screaming about how the election was rigged and he implied that when Hillary wins it will be because she gamed the system.

I honestly don't expect Donald Trump to win in 2020, but I didn't expect him to win in 2016 and look what happened. I think that the shock to everyone's system is still wreaking havoc on our nervous systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Trump wins in 2020 it will be because the Democratic party screwed themselves again. While I do think Trump has some ties to Russia and they did influence the election (not outright rigged), the best thing Trump has going for him in terms of a reelection bid is a combination of Democrats refusing to take a stand and giving people a worthy candidate, and the left constantly eating each other alive with infighting.

In 2016 they played the "Well of course we aren't fear mongering bigots" card instead of doing real work and it cost them, and they will get the same results in 2020 unless they give people a viable candidate, not just some entitled faux progressive.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    There are good people in the area where I grew up, genuinely great people, but there are also, quite frankly, a lot of ignorant hicks there as well. They're ignorant as to what the issues are, they're ignorant as to who many of the candidates running really are, they don't really even try to take the time to think about it for themselves and they're extremely proud of it. These are people that the Republican Party especially targets because all the GOP has to do is thump the Bible, say that being gay is against God, Coal is the future and they have the lined up just waiting to vote for them. They're fools because their parents raised them as fools just as their parents raised them to be fools and they want to keep it that way as much as possible. I'm ashamed to say this but during the 2008 election, my own father didn't know what the issues were, never did know what they were, didn't care what they were, didn't even know the names of the candidates but he said he wasn't going to vote for the "black feller", as he put it. A LOT of the older generation and many of their kids are the same way, they're not at all political but they'll definitely get out and vote to keep someone of color, a different religious belief or sexual orientation from getting elected into a public office if they can.

I think Trump has a shot to be reelected next year. There are some GOP voters who don't necessarily like him but, for some reason, prefer him to a Democrat, it's the same with some Independent voters, but Trump's base will be there without question. His approval rating percentage has consistently been in the high 30s, sometimes a bit higher but that seems to be the norm for him, and you can bed that nearly all of them will stand with him next year as well as they damn near believe he can walk on water. Just relying on Trump to be a buffoon won't be enough because that's what he did throughout his campaign and what he's done during his first term, so the blue team is going to have to rally behind someone and put all they have into it and, personally, I'm not sure that a couple of other white men well into their 70s is the way to go given that the make up of elected Democrats is becoming more diverse than ever.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post

I'm not a Democrat, but sure as hell not Republican.

And yes, we know for a fact Trump/campaign colluded with Russians. We've been explicitly told by Robert Mueller there was collusion. As I posted elsewhere:

If only Americans had any evidence of collusion...

Like every American intelligence agency finding Russia worked to influence the election in Trump's favor
    Or Russia hacking the DNC
    Or Russian spies meeting with Jeff Sessions multiple times without being reported by Session
    Or Russian assets meeting with foreign policy advisor George PapaD to arrange meetings between the Trump campaign and Russian officials
    Or Russian assets telling Trump campaign foreign policy advisor about Russia having hacked materials related to Clinton "dirt"
    Or the Russian government explicitly offering the hacked Clinton "dirt" to the Trump campaign
    Or the Trump campaign accepting a meeting to get Clinton "dirt" hacked by Russia
    Or the Trump campaign meeting with Russian officials to get hacked materials and not reporting it to the FBI
    Or Trump organization negotiating a Trump Tower Moscow during the campaign
    Or Trump's personal attorney making multiple trips to Russia to negotiate a deal
    Or Trump's campaign chairman engaging in discussions with Russian oligarchs and lying about it
    Or Trump's foreign policy advisor Carter Page making trips to Russia and talking to Russian spies
    Or candidate Trump standing on a stage, while Trump Tower negotiations were ongoing, and asking Russia to find Clinton emails
    Or Russia hearing Trump ask for Clinton emails and within 24 hours begin trying to hack Clinton servers
    Or Roger Stone coordinating timing of release of Russian hacked materials
    Or Roger Stone, while coordinating time of release of Russian hacked materials, being in constant contact with "senior members" of the Trump campaign
    Or foreign policy advisor and incoming National Security Advisor Michael Flynn secretly and illegally promising Russia relief from sanctions imposed because of Russia's interference on Trump's behalf

If only we just had ANY evidence at all of collusion...

Thread Information