Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War Reviews

Infinity War, as expected, continued its dominance at the box office this weekend with an estimate domestic take of $112.5 million. As of this moment, it's taken in $450.8 million domestically and $713.3 million internationally for a worldwide take of $1.164 billion in about 10 days of release.

To sort of put things in perspective, Infinity War will have a bigger box office take than Star Wars: The Last Jedi but I doubt it'll catch Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The Force Awakens was the first Star Wars sequel film since 1983 and it had the absolutely rabid Star Wars fan base; TFA did roughly $2.1 billion at the box office while TLJ pulled in $1.332 billion. My guess is that Infinity War does somewhere around $1.7 to, maybe, $1.8 billion worldwide.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Has it opened in China? I think it gets to $2 billion.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, remember, all of this is without China. Once it opens there, we might be looking at the most financially successful film of all the times. If it had have opened there last weekend, it would've broken all of the opening records easily.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    I don't know if it's opened in China or not, not even sure if it will open in China. I mean, for all I know, the Chinese government may not allow a film to be played in which one of the featured characters is named codenamed Captain America.

As expected, Infinity War was #1 at the box office for the third week in a row. Current estimates put this weekend's domestic tally at $61.8 million, which is down only about 45 or 46% from last week. Movies of this type often lose a good 55% or more of its audience each weekend so Infinity War is almost certainly also getting a lot of repeat viewings. Thus far, it's reached an estimated $547.8 million domestically and another $1.060 billion internationally, so it's overall take currently stands at roughly $1.606.8 billion.

So yeah, even if it doesn't open in China, though I have a feeling it will, and repeated viewings keep happening, Infinity War should have no real problem breaking the $2 billion barrier. It's already the fifth highest grossing movie of all time and it still has a ton of momentum going. At this rate, it should wind up passing Jurassic World by the end of next weekend and then it'll be #4 behind Star Wars: TFA, Titanic and Avatar. The MCU has really become sort of THE movie franchise of the decade; as of four of the ten highest grossing movies are Infinity War, Age of Ultron, the Avengers and Black Panther and the MCU films as a whole have brought in a worldwide total of about $16.5 billion.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I don't know if it's opened in China or not, not even sure if it will open in China. I mean, for all I know, the Chinese government may not allow a film to be played in which one of the featured characters is named codenamed Captain America.
    It has already opened in China:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/13/medi...ina/index.html

The movie is huge.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information