Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War Reviews

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Damn you and your being in the future. So it was really good? What would you rate it?

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think the UK, maybe Europe, always get them earlier.

I could nitpick the he'll put of it but that's me not being a huge fan of the series. I think there's been more misses than hits since the first Avengers.

I could've watched it again immediately after. ☆☆☆☆☆

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's awesome. As big a fan as I am of the MCU, the only movie that I could've watched again immediately after would've been the first Avengers. So you saying that you could watch this one immediately after (let's be honest, you've not been very positive about the last few MCU films) makes me very very excited for this one. I might not make it to tomorrow. Can't watch the early screenings tonight because I have to work tomorrow. I do, however, only have to work a half day tomorrow because, *cough cough*, I have a doctor's appointment .

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I enjoyed it, lots to nitpick too but I very much enjoyed it. Weirdly the two Marvel fanboys I went to see it with weren't too keen on it.

I will say this though:

Click for Spoiler:

Just adding this in so it doesn't show on the preview as well. Doo dooo dooo!

They really need to work out where humour goes. There's quite a few serious points that are suddenly discredited by a random joke.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought it was great. I was shocked when I checked my watch and I was over two hours in. This feels like the stakes are through the roof and having Thanos basically as the main character was very interesting. Great stuff and pretty easily the best Marvel movie yet.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I enjoyed it, lots to nitpick too but I very much enjoyed it. Weirdly the two Marvel fanboys I went to see it with weren't too keen on it.

I will say this though:

Click for Spoiler:

Just adding this in so it doesn't show on the preview as well. Doo dooo dooo!

They really need to work out where humour goes. There's quite a few serious points that are suddenly discredited by a random joke.
    Agree wholeheartedly

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Of the MCU movies, I probably enjoyed this one the most as I thought that everything just sort of really came together in unique ways. I thought a few of the characters did get a bit "left out" but I honestly expected that and it didn't happen to anywhere close to the degree I expected. Thanos was essentially the main character here, which was a unique and novel approach to a comic book adaptation, and Brolin did a great job with the character. In the comics, Thanos is a badass but he's also sometimes portrayed as having downright human frailties and I thought the movie did a great job of nailing both of those aspects down. They establish Thanos as a badass early on in the film:

Click for Spoiler:
    Thanos kicks the Hulk's ass so thoroughly that Hulk is traumatized by it. For a while during the movie, Banner is unable to affect a transformation into the Hulk. Loki tries to barter for Thor's life by handing over one of the Gems and is then strangled by Thanos.

At certain points in the movie, Thanos' motivations for doing what he does come off in a way as though he truly believes that what he's doing is for the greater good, even at great cost to himself:

Click for Spoiler:
    To obtain one of the Infinity Gems, Thanos has to sacrifice someone that he legitimately and deeply loves. so he tearfully kills Gamora.

If I had one real complaint about the movie, it's the placement of some of the humor in the movie as some of the jokes or humorous sayings come during a time that can undermine some of the more dramatic moments. Maybe that's intentional as the studio and filmmakers didn't want the movie to come off as too morbid or too dark. Considering the story and the villain involved, I personally don't mind some morbidity and darkness but I can understand that such things can impact the box office take. I've read in some articles that the production cost of this movie is as high as $400 million so even if I don't personally agree with it, I can understand the strategy for the studio trying to keep things from getting too dark.

On the whole, however, the movie accomplishes what it ultimately sets out to do in strong fashion. There may be some points in which you feel that you're expecting something to happen that never quite does and that's to be expected since those expected somethings will most likely take place in the sequel, which is due out in May of next year. This movie could've been a world class clusterfuck but they pulled it off in spectacular fashion. I give it a 9 out of 10.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was exactly what it should have been. Best of The Avengers movies. Cannot compare it to the smaller scale Marvel films. Those films have the advantage of not having 376 characters to figure out. This was a spectacle, and should be evaluated as so.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I loved this freaking movie! I've followed the MCU from its inception and while I understand it doesn't really adhere to the comic book lore a lot, I was able to look past it and appreciate the spectacle it was. Thanos was every bit they were setting him up to be and the heavy moments really seem to be carrying the weight that last few MCU movies weren't. The stakes were ever so high and it delivered spectacularly.

Of course, a few characters were kinda there to make up the numbers and some characters felt shortchanged, but it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the movie. The cliffhanger really leaves me looking forward to the next part of the MCU.

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What a great film. Easily the best of the Avengers movies and quite possibly the best of the entire MCU. Thanos has easily become the best villain in the franchise. They always say that the best villains are the ones that believe what they're doing is right and that they're the good guys. Thanos was awesome and terrifying. Whenever he was on screen I was in fear for the other characters.

The story was awesome, the character interactions were awesome, and that damn ending was awesome. This had the most stakes of any MCU film and you can tell that nothing is going to be the same after this.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information