Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War Reviews

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanos is a lefty and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Current estimates put Avengers: Infinity War with a debut weekend total of $250 million domestically, breaking the record put forth in December 2015 by Star Wars: The Force Awakens' domestic total of $247.9 million. Internationally, the film put up another $380 million for a worldwide total of $630 million, giving it the 2nd highest international opening to Fate of the Furious in April of last years, which was $443 million. However, Fate of the Furious' opening weekend included China, which is reported to have made up roughly $42% of the film's entire international audience.

The actual weekend totals usually come out on Monday, sometimes Tuesday if it's a holiday weekend, so it's possible Infinity Wars did more than the estimates or less. To put things in perspective a bit, the big screen adaptation of the Justice League grossed a worldwide total of roughly $658 million for its entire theatrical run so Infinity Wars has done almost as much business in 3 days as JL did in 17 weeks.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When can we talk spoilers on here? I know we have the spoiler button, but there's so much that I want to talk about....

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    When can we talk spoilers on here? I know we have the spoiler button, but there's so much that I want to talk about....
    I'd say before talking about spoilers openly, give it at least another weekend. That's not a rule, just common courtesy. If you do want to talk about it with spoilers, use the spoiler tag, but please have plenty of placeholder text before the spoiler tag and even a "Spoilers - Read at your own Risk" alert before it, just so the front page doesn't ruin any spoilers.

As far as the movie goes, I thought it was pretty entertaining. I think all the build-up and hints about characters turned out to be a little cheap, but we'll see what happens in part two. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

8. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I enjoyed this but wasnâ??t too keen on how it was structured, for want of a better term. Hell of an ending, the post credits scene was perfect, and I get the feeling that watching this back to back with Avengers 4 will tell the full story and be amazing. Well done for making Thanos the main character too, excellent move

Also, did anyone else mark out at who gave instructions about the Soul gem?

10. Likes Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smally View Post
    Also, did anyone else mark out at who gave instructions about the Soul gem?
    Click for Spoiler:
    It was a nice surprise and it gave at least some closure as to what became of the Red Skull following the end of the first Captain America movie. I'd like to see the explanation expanded in the sequel, such as how exactly he came to be the keeper of the Soul Gem/Stone and somehow using his knowledge to bring Thanos down. It would've been all the cooler if Hugo Weaving had reprised the role but I've read reports saying that he was reluctant to play the character again. The actor playing him here is named Ross Marquand; I have no idea who he is but he plays a main character on the Walking Dead.

I also thought that it was kind of cool that Thor's new weapon appears to be something of a cross between Jarnbjorn, the enchanted battle axe he's been using in the comics for the last few years, and the version of Mjolnir used by the Ultimate Marvel Universe version of Thor in that it's a war hammer on one side and an axe blade on the other. It's called Stormbreaker in the film, which is the name of the hammer used by Beta Ray Bill in the comics so I thought it was kind of cool that they added these little tidbits; they might seem trivial but little things like that can matter if, like me, you've followed the comics since you were 10 years old.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had to watch all the credits for a crappy post credit scene. 1 star

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Had to watch all the credits for a crappy post credit scene. 1 star
    Eh, while Marvel has cultivated a certain expectation, post-credit scenes are always ultimately a bonus and a tease, and nothing more. In that criteria, it's a success. I thought it was a good way to tease...
    Click for Spoiler:

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Eh, while Marvel has cultivated a certain expectation, post-credit scenes are always ultimately a bonus and a tease, and nothing more. In that criteria, it's a success. I thought it was a good way to tease...
    Click for Spoiler:
    Obviously joking, loved the film though i would have changed a couple of the characters that fell victim to the stones at the end

18. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is why I shouldn't post after 1:30 AM.

20. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information