• Steve Austin

3 42.86%
  • The Rock

4 57.14%

Thread: SCF Tournament, Elite Eight - Steve Austin vs. The Rock

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament, Elite Eight - Steve Austin vs. The Rock

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in San Antonio, Texas and is an Elite Eight matchup. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#1 Steve Austin vs. #8 The Rock

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wow, what luck. We've got some pretty interesting yet familiar matches this round. Anyways, what there to say about these two that we don't know. Rock is the bigger star now, but Austin was the bigger name in pro wrestling. Also, there's that little caveat of them facing each other three times at 'Mania and Austin winning two of them. Gotta go with SCSA.

Vote Austin.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They wrestled when both were at their peak twice. First time Austin was established and Rock was just about there already. Second time Rock was at his peak and Austin was a little bit on the way down.

Both times Austin prevailed. It took Austin retiring for Rock to beat him.

This isn't a competition, Austin wins hands down. If you don't vote Austin, you didn't watch wrestling.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So like it is a competition, The Rock was the best foil Austin had that wasn't Vince himself. He was a huge box office draw in and out of the ring, something Austin never touched and Hogan wished he reached the heights of. The Rock is way more versatile than Steve Austin and didn't need to be a part of the Trash TV era to work. Stone Cold was money because controversial shows like Jerry Springer were money at the time. That on top of one of the biggest wish fulfillments in a person's life, punching a boss in the face, was placed on Austin's lap helped cement his place as a character to watch. This is nothing against Austin's persona, he made the program. But discounting what The Rock was and how he kept himself significant in a changing landscape does lead me to favor him in this fight out of spite. I just hate a hands down argument, you know?

That and The Rock just shared a baby pic and the last Austin family photos I saw weren't exactly wholesome. Gotta love a family man.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Austin wins hands down. If you don't vote Austin, you didn't watch wrestling.
    You do realize this argument is complete & utter retarded bullshit right? You know damn well 99% of the people on this forum have watched or do watch wrestling.

I don't know who i'm going to vote for but after this i'm leaning towards Rock after this.

Thread Information