Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough Is Enough

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    First of all, I must deduct points from Jack-Hammer for not following up his thread title with "And it's time for change!". This is a wrestling forum, for Christ's sake!
    I was TRYING not to be such a cliché.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You know this would have a been a great way to make Roman a little bit more humble and more compelling as a babyface. He gets viciously beaten by Lesnar at Mania, then spears him through the cage but still can't get the job done. Have Joe also beat him by cheating and then have him choke in the Clutch. Have Ambrose turn on him and not Rollins when Ambrose returns. Present him as a more humble human being. Add in there the hate Roman gets and you can run a vulnerability angle for Roman.

But nooo, all that Roman does is come out, make excuses, blame others, insult fans, insult critics and generally he views himself as a god and he's just a big asshole. You think Roman getting booed isn't Roman's fault? Think again. There's a wikipedia page that covers Roman's acceptance and his connection to the fans, with various links and instances of him insulting fans and critics and thinking that he's the best, cause he actually thinks that.

The guy will never get over as a face. Every time he opens his mouth he turns into a natural heel. The only reason he was cheered in the Shield was because he didn't speak. The guy's a prick. Even if he turns heel, he'll become the most hated man in the industry.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I recently watched the two most famous Andre-Hogan skits, the one where Andre tears Hogan's shirt and the contract signing. Two skits were enough to sell me on the match. That's how much charisma Hogan and Andre had. In two skits they managed to fit in everything you need to know for Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan. Hogan was acting like a champ, you could feel his pain when Andre paired himself with Heenan and you could feel Hogan's anger in the contract signing. And you just hated Andre for sitting there like a psychopath, not even blinking an eye, no showing any kind of remorse.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to produce such acting nowadays. The last angle I remember that hooked me emotionally was Cass turning on Enzo and of course any angle that involves Shane McMahon selling.

Why can't Roman be like that? He's just a Samoan Randy Orton.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    I recently watched the two most famous Andre-Hogan skits, the one where Andre tears Hogan's shirt and the contract signing. Two skits were enough to sell me on the match. That's how much charisma Hogan and Andre had. In two skits they managed to fit in everything you need to know for Andre the Giant vs Hulk Hogan. Hogan was acting like a champ, you could feel his pain when Andre paired himself with Heenan and you could feel Hogan's anger in the contract signing. And you just hated Andre for sitting there like a psychopath, not even blinking an eye, no showing any kind of remorse.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to produce such acting nowadays. The last angle I remember that hooked me emotionally was Cass turning on Enzo and of course any angle that involves Shane McMahon selling.

Why can't Roman be like that? He's just a Samoan Randy Orton.
    To be fair, Andre's heel turn was so effective because up to that point, most fans grew up with him as the lovable giant during the kayfaybe era.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The WWE is trying desperately to create a type of continuity where it makes sense for Roman to only lose a match by fluke or by Brock Lesnar, and the fans aren't feeling very inspired by the effort.

Prowrestling requires a person to play a character, even if you're technically playing yourself. It's entertainment, not an athletic competition. All the fancy shit Roman does in the ring is neat, but it's lost on me in that there's nothing that's the slightest bit interesting about the Roman Reigns character. At this point his heat has worn off and we're just fucking bored of him.

Roman's shtick seems to be that he's a hard worker, which is fine. I don't think that it's the best way to connect with the 18-25 age group. Most fans are so impressionable that if it's popular to boo Roman, the fans are going to boo. If the WWE makes him outwait his welcome as a hated face then the fans probably won't give a shit if he goes heel. They'll be more willing to leave early and beat the traffic home than they will be willing to watch Roman Reigns vs Anybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

According to Uncle Dave, Vince's latest scheme to get fans to cheer Roman Reigns is to recreate the storyline they did with Daniel Bryan years back in which they favor Brock Lesnar over Reigns and screw him over as a means of explaining why he isn't champion.

It's little wonder why Vince McMahon and Donald Trump get along so well as they have such similar personalities in some respects. For instance, instead of just admitting that he's wrong and that what he's doing isn't working, Vince will stubbornly just double down on a plan if he likes it and stick with it if it's something that he truly and desperately wants to happen. It doesn't matter if Stephanie, Barrios, Triple H advises against it or flat out says that it won't work, Vince often sticks with it if it's something that he thinks should come to pass or if he enjoys it.

WWE creative gets the blame for a lot of stuff but the creative team is often hamstrung by Vince's wants. First and foremost, the job of WWE creative is to make Vince McMahon happy despite the vomid inducing claims made by both Stephanie and Vince that WWE truly listens to the fans and that everything they do is all about the fans.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, jmt225 liked this post

Thread Information