Thread: Is Big Show's Career All But Over?

Is Big Show's Career All But Over?

There are reports going around that Big Show missed participating in the Greatest Royal Rumble event due to re-injuring himself about 3 weeks ago. Show's last appearance on TV was during a steel cage match against Braun Strowman in which Strowman slammed Show through the side of a cage, writing him off television for the purpose of Big Show undergoing hip replacement surgery. Show is featured on the GRR promotional poster and is said to be the only one featured as part of the image who didn't participate in the show.

I'm thinking that Show's days as an active performer are now numbered because of his hip replacement. It's not necessarily just because of the replacement itself, Taker still wrestles on occasion and I believe he has one, but due to a combination of Show's age and size. Show turned 46 in early February, he's a legit 7 footer and he weighs well north of 350 lbs., so these are all factors that may work against him. It's common for individuals as tall as Big Show to have joint issues in the first place, especially as they get older, and that could be compounded due to Show's weight and the consequences of working as a wrestler for well over 20 years. From what I understand, hip replacements can be touchy as many who have them are forced to restrict themselves due to the possibility of causing damage to the equipment, requiring additional surgery, therapy and causing other injuries.

That's not to say that the report is true or that Show automatically has any of these issues, it just seems possible and, if so, maybe it's time to hang it up. He doesn't need the money, he's probably done everything he's going to do, which is pretty much everything in WWE.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been thinking it's about time for Big Show to hang up his boots for about 5 years. Remember when he was in that Authority angle where Stephanie was making him cry every night and he all but stole D Bry's gimmick? I was thinking then that he should just retire, because he was no longer getting over on who he was or what he did alone. He was having to use the Yes chants to get over. Ridiculous. I think the last honest to goodness good match he had was against Mark Henry for the WHC. It wasn't a clinic, but for them it was great. Show hasn't been relevant or a threat for damn near a decade and that's ashame. If he was used anywhere near how he should be used he could be 'Taker-esque. Instead, he's damn near a joke and every time he shows up; ppl care less and less about him.

I don't want to see him in the ring when he can barely move like Andre and I think most fans don't want to see him at all. Hang them up, get your HoF induction, and call it a career.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Big Show looked livelier last year than Undertaker has done in 4 years. It's a setback but he'll be back for another short run that'll fizzle out before he has chance for a big send off.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's really nothing Big Show can do in the current roster. Times have moved away from him. He had amazing matches with Strowman and a good programm with Cass. Big Show should come back for one run though, that must end in a retirement match. Take your chance while you still can Big Show and go out with a bang. That Shaq match is definately not happening either.

Thread Information