Thread: A 2-day Wrestlemania event

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A 2-day Wrestlemania event

Someone in here I think proposed Wrestlemania becoming a 2 day event. I don't know if he was joking or not, but IMO, WWE should consider it.

Take a look at the roster. AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Big Cass, SAnity, Almas, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Lashley, Strowman, Elias, Owens, Zayn, Roode plus Triple H, Undertaker, Cena and Brock Lesnar. Plus the tag division with teams like New Day, Usos, The Bar, Bulgeon Brothers, Ziggler and McIntyre, Authors of Pain, Wyatt and Matt. Plus the women with big names like Charlotte, Ronda, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Naomi, Bliss, Nia, Carmella. When you sum it up you end up with 16+ singles superstars who should be on the WM card, 4-5 tag teams who should be on the card and 4-6 Women as well.

Also take a look at the GRR card. The card, even though it had 50 superstars in one match and no women, still had 10 matches and Wrestlemania was 7 hours long. And from the card were missing notable names like Joe, Ambrose, Jordan and Jeff due to injuries. Add in there up and comers like Elias, Big Cass, Almas and Sanity and next year's Wrestlemania might need 8 hours.

All of the guys I mentioned are super over. It's the first time in a long long time that you have so many names to look out for. The entire roster except a couple of names has a spotlight and that's a miracle for such a large roster. So, break it down to two days, 4+4 hours. Quality will increase, fan reaction will be better. I think it's for the best.

PS: A good other solution would be to being the MITB ladder match back at Wrestlemania, but I don't think it will happen.

PS 2: Anyone that says "not everyone can be on the card, sorry", please also state the names that you would include in your potential WM card. Please.

I've said for the past few years that it's something WWE should consider if it wouldn't cost them money and that's a pretty big if. WrestleMania tickets can be crazy expensive and ticket pricing would have to be thought out as would the option of having to buy two sets of tickets, one for each show. They could run into problems there as some people pay thousands for their tickets and you have to believe that a lot of them won't shell out thousands more to watch another show but, then again, WWE's not going to be offering a special where you buy a ticket to see one show and you see the other one for free because they'd be all but guaranteed to lose money. Plus, Vince McMahon is extraordinarily image conscious and he'd see it as a big embarrassment if, on both days, huge sections of the stadium were empty. Depending on how the show would be divided, there could be 50,000 people at one show and maybe half that for the other and that's too big of a blow to Vince's pride.

As for the notion of simply not putting everyone on the card, that's how WWE used to do things and, as is the case for everything WWE does, they were raked over the coals by writers, insiders, smarks, etc. just as they are now for trying to put everyone on the show. This year's WrestleMania saw fans packing the stadium from the moment the kickoff show started and if you try to watch the entire show, that's over 6 hours and it's just too much for anyone because you just can't expect 70,000 people to maintain their enthusiasm for that long without just simply getting tired.

Hell, WWE could always just set things up where everyone gets a share of the WrestleMania payday even if they're not on the show. That's how they did things with the Greatest Royal Rumble in that the women got paid despite not even being on the show. If what it's really all about is so that everyone gets a share of the biggest payday of the year, that's a simple fix.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another thing they could is to put more people in the Andre Battle Royal, but at the same time, make the battle royal much more important. Also do the same for the Women's Battle Royal. For example, have the winners receive a world title shot at any PPV they choose. That way you can put your entire midcard in the battle royal and not be afraid that anybody gets demoted. Keep the match count at 8 matches on the main show plus 2 on the pre-show. For example:

1. Undertaker match
    2. Triple H match
    3. Brock Lesnar match
    4. Roman Reigns match
    5. That huge Andre Battle Royal - winner receives world title shot
    6. Upper midcard match #1
    7. Upper midcard match #2
    8. Ronda Rousey match - Women's Championship match #1
    9. Women's Championship match #2

i. Women Battle Royal - winner gets title shot
    ii. Cruiserweights

This can fit in a show that consists of 1-hour pre-show plus 4-hours of main show. And anybody who doesn't fit in that category gets thrown in the two battle royals. A card like this will definately increase the value of Wrestlemania. 4 main events, 2 women's matches, 2 upper midcard matches and the Andre Battle Royal, plus two matches on the pre-show. Or it can be: 3 main events, 3 midcard matches etc. No plenty multiman matches. But we as fans will have to accept that many wrestlers will be thrown in the battle royal.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I mentioned this back in 1-11-17 on WZ.

Originally I said...

I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm hoping WrestleMania one day becomes a 2 day event. 4 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday, 2 hours each day for the pre-show, and 1 hour each for the post show. I would treat it like an award show, complete with a red carpet entrance for celebrities and special guests.

Day 1
    Intercontinental Championship Title match
    United States Championship Title match
    Raw Tag Team Championship Title match
    Smackdown Tag Team Championship Title match
    Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    10 Woman Tag Team match
    Celebrity match

Day 2
    WWE Universal Championship Title match
    WWE World Championship Title match
    Raw Women's Championship Title match
    Smackdown Women's Championship Title match
    Undertaker match
    Brock Lesnar match
    Main Attraction match

Think about the back to back attendance records. Think about how fun that entire week would be for that city.

If it too much for you, just watch it at your convenience.
    Now, I would change my format to:

Day 1 - NXT WrestleMania Takeover
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship Title match
    NXT Championship Title match
    NXT Women's Championship Title match
    NXT North American Championship Title match
    NXT Tag Team Championship Title match
    NXT United Kingdom Championship Title match
    NXT United Kingdom Women's Championship Title match
    NXT United Kingdom Tag Team Championship Title match

Day 2 - WWE WrestleMania
    Raw Women's Championship Title match
    Smackdown Women's Championship Title match
    Intercontinental Championship Title match
    United States Championship Title match
    Raw Tag Team Championship Title match
    Smackdown Tag Team Championship Title match

Championship Title matches should be the reason why we watch Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment. We get 8 Championship Title matches...for each night. That’s 16 Championship Title matches in one incredible weekend.

NXT still gets their Saturday Night "Takeover", but this time, they’re not just taking over a city, they’re taking over WrestleMania itself. What better way to showcase the future of this business than to feature them on the Grandest Stage Of Them All. They can feature all of the Gold and Leather from 205 Live, NXT, and NXT UK.

I would get rid of the pre-show matches. What exactly is the point?? Have the pre-show discussions and interviews, but once the matches are ready to begin, start the show already.

Eliminate the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and the WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal. I understand trying to get everyone on the card, but this is supposed to be the SuperBowl / Stanley Cup Finals / NBA Finals / World Series, not the Pro Bowl / All-Star game. Just put these matches at the Royal Rumble. Take the top 29 SuperStars (men and women), and put them in the Royal Rumble matches. Then take the next 30 SuperStars (men and women), and put them in the Battle Royals earlier in the night, with the winner getting the number 30 spot in their respective Royal Rumbles.

The Undertaker, if he chooses to, can do the same thing he did at WrestleMania 34, and not have an officially scheduled match. He could make an appearance and have an impromptu match. It is time to move on, but let him move on at his own pace.

With only 8 Championship Title matches per night, I’m sure they can squeeze in a celebrity match for each card. I would love to see Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, and Ray Fisher (with Gal Gadot in their corner) vs. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, and Dave Bautista (with Scarlett Johansson in their corner) at WrestleMania. I would also love to see DC’s Arrowverse actors vs. Marvel’s Netflix series actors in a match at Takeover.

9 matches a night sounds better than 5 for NXT (7 if you were there live) and 14 for WWE (3 were for the preshow). This gives more time for each match, as well as make time for non-wrestling segments. Book it Triple H!! Approve it Vince!!
    Last edited by King Patrick Star; 07-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The idea of a 2-Day Wrestlemania is full of complications, but it is definitely something that could happen for sure.

The idea of a 2-Day Wrestlemania where the first day has no big matches as seen above this post is ridiculous, though.

Making a match for a title does not guarantee a good match either. If you told me I could go to an event where I still have to wait a day to see the real moneymakers, I'd laugh in your face. I'm not going to waste money on a program that features midcarders for four hours, even with the promise of something awesome the next day. As much as I love NXT, they are still a very niche program and to place them next to regular WWE matches will show that. More wrestlers (or titles) doesn't mean more entertainment. And that kind of mentality will definitely show when Wrestlemania streams. You're asking for a lot of assholes to hijack your Day 1 with random chants and beach balls. We live in a society that wants the good stuff and they want it immediately. No patience in this world, most of all in pro wrestling. And since fans are going to lose their minds for a day, the next day can very well be full of silence as the big names do their big name things. Folks get drained on four hours of sitting, getting excited, doing convention, hotel parties, etc. The very premise is a crazy one, but to also negate the fans something important their first day? Insane. Just cheapening a revolutionary idea.

This would also create more piss breaks.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    The idea of a 2-Day Wrestlemania is full of complications, but it is definitely something that could happen for sure.

The idea of a 2-Day Wrestlemania where the first day has no big matches as seen above this post is ridiculous, though.

Making a match for a title does not guarantee a good match either. If you told me I could go to an event where I still have to wait a day to see the real moneymakers, I'd laugh in your face. I'm not going to waste money on a program that features midcarders for four hours, even with the promise of something awesome the next day. As much as I love NXT, they are still a very niche program and to place them next to regular WWE matches will show that. More wrestlers (or titles) doesn't mean more entertainment. And that kind of mentality will definitely show when Wrestlemania streams. You're asking for a lot of assholes to hijack your Day 1 with random chants and beach balls. We live in a society that wants the good stuff and they want it immediately. No patience in this world, most of all in pro wrestling. And since fans are going to lose their minds for a day, the next day can very well be full of silence as the big names do their big name things. Folks get drained on four hours of sitting, getting excited, doing convention, hotel parties, etc. The very premise is a crazy one, but to also negate the fans something important their first day? Insane. Just cheapening a revolutionary idea.

This would also create more piss breaks.
    All I did was rename NXT Takeover : (insert the name of city that's hosting WrestleMania here) to NXT Takeover : WrestleMania. Are you telling me that NXT Takeover never had big matches and is ridiculous?? Making a match for a Championship Title doesn't guarantee a good match, but it does guarantee a Championship Title match, meaning it automatically adds importance to the otherwise "filler" match. If I told you that you could go to an event called NXT Takeover, the night before WrestleMania, where it would essentially be NXT's own WrestleMania, would you still laugh?? Were you laughing for the last 2 years?? I understand if you don't want to spend money on the WWE's "minor league", but people do. As niche as they are, they are still drawing, and some will say they have a better product than the main roster. It's similar to fans who prefer college than the pros, because college is "pure", whatever that means. NXT is placed next to the regular WWE matches, with Takeover on Saturday and WrestleMania on Sunday. @$$#0!3$ will act like @$$#0!3$ regardless of the content. I don't recall any backlast from having Takeover the day before WrestleMania, because of fans being burned out by day 1 events. It's WrestleMania week. By the time we get to Takeover, it's already a few days in. The WWE Universe is going to sit through WrestleMania no matter how long Vince wants it to be. My idea here is to stretch NXT Takeover by about an hour and in return, shorten WrestleMania by about an hour. I don't expect day 1 to be a sell out, but considering NXT Takeover always sells out the arena's their in, they can sure try to sell out a stadium. A business that's been in business longer than I've been on this Earth will last forever. Without knowing who the Champions and challengers are on my dream cards, which matches would you skip to go and take your p!$$ break??
    Last edited by King Patrick Star; 07-05-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Patrick Star View Post
    All I did was rename NXT Takeover : (insert the name of city that's hosting WrestleMania here) to NXT Takeover : WrestleMania. Are you telling me that NXT Takeover never had big matches and is ridiculous??
    You're placing an alternative program smack in the middle of a mainstream program.

To ask me if NXT never had big matches is a logical fallacy. Of course they do. That's besides the point. One of the best things about the Takeovers is that they are not part of the WWE standard. They act as their own entity with their own value in storylines. All you did was put Takeover as the first day of Wrestlemania plus Cruiserweight Match. That is cheapening the product. It also undervalues the top belt of that group, the NXT Championship, by placing it second to the Cruiserweight Championship - the one belt that WWE can get rid of and nobody would cry about. I assume that's the case going by how in order your Day 2 is.

Now if you had put one of the important belts as your Day 1, like the Universal Championship - one belt that could probably benefit from not being so close to the WWE Championship - I wouldn't really mind your argument. But you're placing all the shit championships/ championship matches in a place that sort of undermines what makes NXT cool.

Making a match for a Championship Title doesn't guarantee a good match, but it does guarantee a Championship Title match, meaning it automatically adds importance to the otherwise "filler" match.
    No it doesn't, but I know who I'm discussing this with so I'm not going to press this matter.

If I told you that you could go to an event called NXT Takeover, the night before WrestleMania, where it would essentially be NXT's own WrestleMania, would you still laugh?? Were you laughing for the last 2 years?? I understand if you don't want to spend money on the WWE's "minor league", but people do. As niche as they are, they are still drawing, and some will say they have a better product than the main roster. It's similar to fans who prefer college than the pros, because college is "pure", whatever that means. NXT is placed next to the regular WWE matches, with Takeover on Saturday and WrestleMania on Sunday.
    Again this is a logical fallacy. I'm not arguing the absurdity of Takeover going before Wrestlemania proper (though your Takeover isn't exactly a Takeover with the 205 Match, is it?), I am arguing about the obvious blending of your Takeover idea into Wrestlemania, making something that was special not anymore. There is also an argument here of why you'd want to complicate something that is already working, as you yourself said Takeover goes before Wrestlemania. I don't see how this would make either program better.

@$$#0!3$ will act like @$$#0!3$ regardless of the content.
    Giving them more reason to act this way is your argument?

I don't recall any backlast from having Takeover the day before WrestleMania, because of fans being burned out by day 1 events. It's WrestleMania week. By the time we get to Takeover, it's already a few days in.
    Why are you repeating yourself? I get that Takeover and Wrestlemania are already a day apart. That wasn't your argument, nor was it mine. Why are you bringing this up?

The WWE Universe is going to sit through WrestleMania no matter how long Vince wants it to be.
    We're not drones. I'm not doing it, and a good share of fans probably wouldn't either, which was my first argument.

My idea here is to stretch NXT Takeover by about an hour and in return, shorten WrestleMania by about an hour.
    That's not shortening Wrestlemania. Didn't you state this was your idea for a 2-Day Wrestlemania event? An event lasts even when there's isn't wrestling going on in the ring. That's why I mentioned hotel parties, conventions, etc. Vince knows Wrestlemania is still going on even after the last match airs. There's a lot more to it than taking a few matches off of a card and moving them over to another day.

I don't expect day 1 to be a sell out, but considering NXT Takeover always sells out the arena's their in, they can sure try to sell out a stadium.
    Filling the Smoothie King Center to capacity and filling the SuperDome aren't exactly in the same ballpark here.

A business that's been in business longer than I've been on this Earth will last forever.
    This is good news. That giraffe from Toys R Us will be thrilled when I tell him.

Without knowing who the Champions and challengers are on my dream cards, which matches would you skip to go and take your p!$$ break??
    Speaking hypotheticals, the one that draws the short end of the narrative stick. I watch wrestling for the story, not the shiny belts.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Letâ??s pretend that NXT UK is already established this year, heading into WrestleMania 34. Hereâ??s my version of the weekend.

NXT TakerOver : WrestleMania 34

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Title Tournament Finals match
    Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali

NXT United Kingdom Tag Team Championship Title Triple Threat match
    NXT United Kingdom Tag Team Champions, Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate and Trent Seven) vs. Heavy Machinery (Tucker Knight and Otis Dozovic) vs. Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss

NXT United Kingdom Womenâ??s Championship Triple Threat match
    NXT United Kingdom Womenâ??s Champion, Toni Storm vs. Kairi Sane vs. Lacey Evans

NXT United Kingdom Championship Title match
    NXT United Kingdom Champion, Pete Dunne vs. Roderick Strong

Unsanctioned match
    Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT North American Championship Title Ladder match
    Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream

NXT Tag Team Championship Title / Dusty Rhodes Classic Finals match
    NXT Tag Team Champions, the Undisputed Era (Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar)

NXT Women's Championship Title match
    NXT Women's Champion, Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT Championship Title match
    NXT Champion, Andrade Cien Almas (with Zelina Vega) vs. Aleister Black

So all I did was change the 2 matches that were taped for broadcast on a future episode of NXT, and made them NXT United Kingdom Womenâ??s and NXT United Kingdom Tag Team Championship Title matches. Instead of pre-show matches, I just include these to the main show itself. I pulled Pete Dunne and Roderick Strong from their NXT Tag Team Triple Threat match, and put them in an NXT United Kingdom Championship Title match. Lastly, I moved the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Title Tournament Finals match from the WrestleMania pre-show to the NXT TakeOver show.

WrestleMania 34

WWE United States Championship Title Fatal Four-Way match
    WWE United States Champion, Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal (with Sunil Singh) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev (with Aiden English)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat match
    WWE Intercontinental Champion, the Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Title Triple Threat match
    WWE Smackdown Tag Team Champions, the Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) vs. The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) vs. The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods)

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Title match
    WWE Raw Tag Team Champions, the Bar (Sheamus and Cesaro) vs. Braun Strowman and Nicholas

Inter-Brand 8 person Tag Team match
    Kurt Angle, Ronda Rousey, Daniel Bryan, and Shane McMahon vs. Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship Title vs. Streak match
    WWE SmackDown Women's Champion, Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka

WWE Raw Women's Championship Title match
    WWE Raw Women's Champion, Alexa Bliss (with Mickie James) vs. Nia Jax

WWE World Champion, AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns

As I stated before, I would remove the Battle Royals and move them to the Royal Rumble, with the winners getting the number 30 spots. I moved the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Title match to Saturday. Undertaker and John Cena can still have their impromptu match, but I just left it off the â??officialâ? card to â??surpriseâ? the WWE Universe. I merged the Raw / Smackdown Commissioner / General Manager Tag Team matches to simultaneously make room for the other matches and give them more time in their match.

How do you feel about my TakeOver and WrestleMania cards?? Do you love it, hate it, feel the same way you felt about the original version??

When it comes down to it, Iâ??m just making 4 edits. You can break this down as much as you want, but the changes I made are not too far off what actually happened in April 2018. Theyâ??re more like rearrangements.

Iâ??m changing the name of the NXT show, giving it that â??Second Grandest Stage Of Them Allâ? feel. Think of it like the BCS National Championship game, or the Calder Cup, or the NCAA Division I National Championship game, or the Triple A World Series (okay, bad example). Itâ??s supposed to be the best of the future, letâ??s treat it as such.

Iâ??m adding a couple matches to NXT Takeover to make it bigger than it is. Whatâ??s better than 7 matches (2 for a future episode of the weekly show and 5 for the actual show)?? 9 matches (8 Championship Title matches and 1 really serious grudge match)

Iâ??m removing a couple matches from WrestleMania to make it feel more exclusive than just an end of the WWE Calendar year event. Whatâ??s better than 14 matches (3 for the pre-show, and 11 for the actual show)?? 9 matches (8 Championship Title matches and 1 McMahon-ia match, plus a not-so-surprising surprise non-match matchâ?¦sssshhhh)

Iâ??m featuring every Championship Title Belt in the WWE, because â??gold and leatherâ? are life. Iâ??m King Patrick Star and Iâ??m addicted to Championship Title Belts.

Thread Information