Thread: Heat On Corey Graves?

Heat On Corey Graves?

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Corey Graves has heat for remarks he made on commentary during the Greatest Royal Rumble event last Friday in Saudi Arabia. The report states that Graves "seemed" to have second thoughts regarding the show due to "cryptic" comments he made on commentary that indicate he had issues with WWE running a show where women weren't on it due to different cultural beliefs. Graves posted something on Instagram earlier this week in which he was having a drink with the caption: "A drink to remember that no matter how bad WE think we have it, at least our women have rights and we all have freedom of expression."

Meltzer's report also stated that there are many in the company who feel that his comments are understandable, but that he should've made them privately rather than through social media. Meltzer further states that there are "people" in WWE saying that Corey Graves is "more replaceable than he thinks he is."

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true because I'd imagine that there are more than a few in WWE that had some issues with the GRR due to the restrictions Saudi Arabia places on women. The issue here is that WWE, yet again, shoots itself in the foot as it sends out very mixed messages in which the company line says one thing while the company's actions say something completely different. WWE has played up the "Women's Evolution" angle for a few years now in regards to how it wants to make the women as important as the men, or at least to do as much as it can, how it's all about equality and acceptance regardless of gender, sexual orientation, etc. but then they put on this mega show in a country where women have little to no real rights to speak of. As with WWE's various campaigns against bullying in all areas of life, namely the situation with JBL and Mauro Ranallo, some argue that WWE putting on the GRR in Saudi Arabia shows that it's all nothing more than PR and that money will trump any and all principles Vince may want everyone to preach in public.

Of course, to be fair, WWE would be criticized regardless. If not the GRR, it'd be something else because there's ALWAYS something else whether deserved or not. Things are also changing in Saudi Arabia, such as women now being allowed to drive and health classes being taught to boys and girls in school; I grant that it doesn't sound like much but a long journey begins with the first step. Change happens gradually, even in countries far more progressive so you know it's going to be a very, very long time before equality registers as a blip on the radar of most countries in that part of the world.

If this is true, I'd say it'll blow over in a short time if Graves keeps his mouth shut and acts like he's sufficiently humbled.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You can nitpick any comment on a propaganda show and find something.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How pathetic really. Fair enough you’ve basically said that you don’t support your sponsors views, and you never do that as a businessman, however 95% of the world have the exact same belief. Saudi is only one of a very small amount of countries that place restrictions on women. You celebrating the freedom of the country and you get ripped. Should Saudi Arabia be offended? No... why should they? it’s their value. They could easily turn around and say how stupid is America and the rest of the world for doing stuff they we don’t do, which would make us probably think “are yous idiots?”. Not everyone has to share the same values and beliefs as everyone, so to celebrate something that your country does is the least furthest thing you can get from an offensive message.

If Corey Graves got fired for something like this then the world has become too soft

I will say he didn’t have to tweet it though, but still it’s not bad. He never said get fucked or anything.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The WWE will not fire Corey Graves for this. If the WWE were to fire someone who chose to speak out, on their personal social media, about equality for women, it would be a horrible decision with tremendous backlash.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Corey is one of Trips’ boys. He isn’t going anywhere. This report reeks of the same “heat” that Lana, Rusev, Cass and others have had over years that was proven to be nonexistent.

Meltzer is full of shit more than he’s right these days with WWE stuff, because neither of his main sources are with the company currently.

Thread Information