Thread: Hulk Hogan And WWE Close To A Deal?

Hulk Hogan And WWE Close To A Deal?

TMZ is reporting that a deal between WWE and Hulk Hogan is close to coming to fruition.

There've been rumors regarding Hogan returning to WWE for quite a while now but the buzz kicked in once more due to Hogan's appearance and participation in the Andre the Giant documentary for HBO. WWE released statements stating that Hogan's participation in the documentary didn't mean he was back with the company but came about because it's pretty much impossible to do a documentary on Andre without Hogan as the two are inescapably linked. Furthermore, Hogan is said to have been one of the stars specifically requested to by the Saudi government to be part of the Greatest Royal Rumble event, so that in and of itself is something that works in Hogan's favor.

If Hogan ever does make it to WWE, whether it's next week or 5 years from now, the controversy over his racist remarks are always gonna follow him. When it comes to making controversial decisions that run the rusk of offending some people, WWE will make them if they think the price is right. After all, Sami Zayn was kept off the GRR show ALLEGEDLY due to his Syrian heritage, nor were any of the WWE's women wrestlers part of the show. Hogan's name will always have some degree of brand value, that's just how it is, and if WWE feels Hogan's name can make them enough money, Vince will go for it regardless of any scruples or how contradictory it might look compared to WWE's public stance on certain issues. One other thing that might be in Hogan's favor in terms of his pact racist remarks blowing over is that he was recently inducted into the Boys & Girls Club Alumni Hall of Fame earlier this week; apparently, the sky didn't fall, he wasn't booed out of the building, there weren't protests or people walking out, etc. so that's a good sign for him.

Personally, I've got no interest beyond maybe seeing him once or twice for a nostalgia moment.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Give him another HOF induction for the nWo like they did Flair and the Four Horseman. That would be the perfect way to bring him back.

But I agree that they should give him sporadic appearances, don't put him on TV often. Make an appearance by him a very special attraction or surprse.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would just pay him on a per date deal. No type of contract. Shows up once or twice per year, that's it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just have him show up around WrestleMania season. I honestly never want to see him ever again, but I understand that's not my decision, and I can respect that. I do not care about him, but if he shows up like twice a year, no harm and no foul to be honest.

Thread Information