Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: WWE Backlash 2018 - When 2 Become 1

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Backlash 2018
    Date: May 6, 2018
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton, Jonathan Coachman, Tom Phillips

Yes it’s another big show as we’re closing in on the end of the longest month in WWE history. This is the third part of the Wrestlemania and Greatest Royal Rumble trilogy, meaning it’s time to redeem Roman Reigns. Again. Other than that we have AJ Styles defending the Smackdown World Title against Shinsuke Nakamura for the third time this month. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Running On Empty

2. Likes jmt225, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only thing worth a damn on this show besides the very good opening match between Seth and Miz was AJ vs. Nakamura before it got ruined by the stupid ending.

Honestly this was the worst WWE pay-per-view (not including TGRR) that I can remember in quite sometime.

4. Likes Fallout, ShinChan liked this post
    As I said in the thread I made, the Roman Reigns super push needs to end. I honestly have no idea what it's going to take for Vince to come to the realization that fans are just really, really, really tired of the schtick that is Roman Reigns.

The show peaked with the opening bout with a great outing from Seth Rollins and the Miz, there was some solid to good stuff throughout much of the rest of the show and it just fell completely flat after Styles vs. Nakamura. Overall, just a pretty uninspired show.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Backlash. The boriest PPV of them all

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    As I said in the thread I made, the Roman Reigns super push needs to end. I honestly have no idea what it's going to take for Vince to come to the realization that fans are just really, really, really tired of the schtick that is Roman Reigns.
    Now they're going to the extent of forcing Roman's opponent to apply boring ass restholds on the guy so maybe the crowd will turn on his opponent for doing it.

Joe's long neck cranks/chinlocks/armbars completely ruined the match last night and I'm positive it was constructed by a road agent on Vince's behalf for Joe to do that. That match started off great and then the crowd completely died once those long submissions came into play.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2018 looked like such a bright year for the WWE at the beginning. You had Rousey coming in, Bryan coming back, and a incredibly stacked roster, and yet they've somehow fucked it up with a mediocre Wrestlemania, propaganda for a theocratic shithole with multiple human rights violations and now a PPV that made last year's Battleground look like Wrestlemania 17.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This show... did not need to happen whatsoever.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information