Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Money In The Bank - Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match

WWE Money In The Bank - Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match

It's always possible they could change things up between now and then, especially given that WWE frequently likes to overdo things with the mistaken perception that more always equals better, there's only one men's MITB ladder match for this year's event with four being from Raw and four being from SmackDown. As we saw last night, Braun Strowman and Finn Balor are the first two from Raw and, after tonight, they'll be joined by Jeff Hardy or the Miz and Daniel Bryan or Rusev. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the fourth spots for both the red and blue brand are decided by having matches featuring those who're unsuccessful in their first attempt and, if so, then Roman Reigns might still end up in the match.

As for the first two SmackDown guys, I'd rather see the Miz in the match rather than Jeff Hardy but I think it's too unlikely that both mid-card champions won't be part of the actual MITB ladder match. As for Bryan vs. Rusev, the match is Bryan's unless Big Cass interferes to cost him the match and that's a real possibility since it looks like they mean to continue the feud.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I want The Miz to win. Inevitably Bryan gets the belt at some point and Miz ruining the party immediately is too good an opportunity to pass up.

4. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    In something of a surprise, the Miz defeated Jeff Hardy in their MITB qualifying match and Rusev defeated Bryan in theirs. This is one of the few MITB ladder matches to not include a mid-card champion, though I'm not complaining as Miz going over, clean no less, was a nice surprise. As for Bryan vs. Rusev, they protected Bryan enough by repeatedly talking about all he's been put through the past few weeks and that his body just gave out and Rusev scored a clean, big win. Bryan didn't lose anything with Rusev going over and Rusev's victory wasn't cheapened by interference from Big Cass, which I thought for sure would happen.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a shame Sami isn't in and a potential winner. He could rock a hilarious preen while teasing a cash-in. Miz would be wonderful, but I'm hoping for Elias or Rusev on this one.

Got to imagine Jason Jordan gets wedged into this match too, much to my amusement.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm still waiting to see who will end in this. I'll just lay down the people I'd like to see win it: Miz, Nakamura, Rusev, Braun, Joe, Lashley, Zayn, Owens, Rollins are some of the people I wouldn't mind winning it if they end up in the match. Heck, even Dean if he's healthy to make a return. I think it's early for Elias, give him more time. Balor also doesn't cut it for me, at least not as a face.

From a storyline perspective, it would be nice to have Rollins win, once again by outlasting Finn Balor just a little. Then at the fourth Reigns vs Lesnar match, pull a deja vu, and have Rollins cash in again and win the title.

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "If one of us wins, we all win!" This has been the mantra spouted by the New Day on a handful of occasions, used in builds towards big matches where there can only be one winner, such as Money in the Bank matches. Once again, they've started using this phrase building the upcoming match, and this year, I genuinely hope that they test it.

I would absolutely adore seeing Kofi Kingston defy the odds by winning the briefcase. Follow this up with some tomfoolery segment in which the contract is rewritten as such that any member of the New Day can cash in the briefcase. From there, start teasing discension among the trio. Have it be a little fun at the beginning, with the members hiding the briefcase from another or such, spiralling into hostility. Then when it reaches a fever pitch, set up the template cash in moment, have Kofi run to the ring and cash in his briefcase, only to have his efforts spoiled by Big E for a disqualification. Big E turns heel not just by splitting up the New Day, but also by ruining the feel-good moment of the decade.

It's been reported that New Day's merch sales are allegedly down from their glory days, so a creative redirection is at least worth considering.

12. Likes mrluck_07, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth
    "If one of us wins, we all win!" This has been the mantra spouted by the New Day on a handful of occasions, used in builds towards big matches where there can only be one winner, such as Money in the Bank matches. Once again, they've started using this phrase building the upcoming match, and this year, I genuinely hope that they test it.

I would absolutely adore seeing Kofi Kingston defy the odds by winning the briefcase. Follow this up with some tomfoolery segment in which the contract is rewritten as such that any member of the New Day can cash in the briefcase. From there, start teasing discension among the trio. Have it be a little fun at the beginning, with the members hiding the briefcase from another or such, spiralling into hostility. Then when it reaches a fever pitch, set up the template cash in moment, have Kofi run to the ring and cash in his briefcase, only to have his efforts spoiled by Big E for a disqualification. Big E turns heel not just by splitting up the New Day, but also by ruining the feel-good moment of the decade.

It's been reported that New Day's merch sales are allegedly down from their glory days, so a creative redirection is at least worth considering.
    Supposedly Big E is in line for a push. I like your scenario. Heel E would be interesting.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

14. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The New Day member who enters will be decided on the stage via pancake toss, Mark my words.

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    The New Day member who enters will be decided on the stage via pancake toss, Mark my words.
    Nah, it'll be all three members stacked up and wearing one very long trenchcoat.

18. Likes ShinChan, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just had this thought... this little thought.

Kofi enters the match from New Day. Classic spot monkey. But this time Kofi outlasts everyone and he goes on for the victory. Then Big E appears from nowhere, screws Kofi and takes the briefcase.

Which technically and with little suspense of reality, it's an actual victory for Big E and a huge heel turn.

Kofi and Xavier can continue as a team while Big E goes solo.

Thread Information