Thread: No Lesnar For MITB

No Lesnar For MITB

It looks as though Brock Lesnar won't be wrestling at Money in the Bank next month. According to Uncle Dave, Lesnar isn't listed or being advertised for any upcoming appearances on Raw and he mentions that Lesnar's short term deal with WWE expires before SummerSlam, which takes place August 19th. If Lesnar isn't wrestling at MITB and his deal expires before SummerSlam, that leaves only the Extreme Rules ppv in July.

Believe it or not, the fact that Lesnar isn't scheduled for any Raw episodes doesn't automatically mean he won't wrestle at MITB. For all we know, WWE may try to go a similar route as they did with Taker vs. Cena in that Lesnar simply shows up at MITB. The odds are highly against that strategy, even though Lesnar is one of the few that WWE can reasonably use it with. If Roman Reigns doesn't wind up being part of the men's MITB ladder match due to winning some sort of second chance match, they could have him come out and lay down nasty insult after insult on Lesnar as they had Cena do with Taker. Again, I don't think it likely as I think the more likely happening will be Reigns getting into the MITB ladder match, winning the thing and setting up another match with Lesnar.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    First of all, no way they will let Lesnar leave before Summerslam. Lesnar will wrestle at Summerslam. Second of all, yeah, there was no way Lesnar would appear at MITB. Why? Cause Money In The Bank is a kindish big 4 PPV that sells itself and will feature two MITB Ladder matches and a WWE Championship match. Lesnar will probably wrestle at both Extreme Rules and Summerslam. Hopefully. And he will most likely face Roman in both PPVs. But, don't be surprised if he misses Extreme Rules as well, which is another PPV that sells itself and now that the entire roster competes, he's not really needed.

Although I find it hard to believe this short-term deal bussiness, cause it doesn't make sense to me. I feel like Lesnar has signed a long-term deal. Why keep Lesnar around for just 5 more months? Wouldn't it make sense to have Lesnar lose to Reigns and then lose a couple more times to him that way?

Also, no. I don't think Reigns is getting the MITB. At least that's something.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have Roman beat Brock at Extreme Rules, since it seems like hitting Lesnar with a Mack truck is the only way you could keep him down for three, then having Roman be super exhausted after their match, or an angry Brock doing the Hogan/Warrior WM 6 finish with Brock kicking out just after the count of three and then laying waste to Roman, and having the MITB winner cash in. It seems like the type of stunt that WWE would pull in their endless attempt at this slow build to Roman finally getting his (umpteenth) crowning moment.

I could then see Brock working a handshake deal and working against Braun or Lashley or Rollins at SummerSlam.

Thread Information