View Poll Results: Who wins the tournament?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rock

6 54.55%
  • Andre the Giant

5 45.45%

Thread: SCF Tournament Championship - The Rock vs. Andre the Giant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SCF Tournament Championship - The Rock vs. Andre the Giant

The following match is scheduled for one fall. The match is held in New Orleans, LA and is the championship match. All seeds represent overall tournament seeding.

#8 The Rock vs. #11 Andre the Giant

The discussion period will last for two days, followed by two days for voting. You may vote for whomever you feel deserves to win this match. Please post your reasons below if you wish.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nothing at all against Andre who deserves getting to the Finals, but I just can't imagine The Rock getting passed Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan to come up short against the Giant.

Andre was the greatest special attraction pro wrestling had ever seen, but The Rock was a weekly fixture to the most popular period in modern wrestling, even giving Raw's sister show its name. Television has completely changed our appetite for sports entertainment for better or worse and The Rock would have been a face to that time even without making it huge in Hollywood.

If he can defeat the two men who revolutionized pro wrestling in this tournament, than he should be able to beat Andre for all the marbles.

Rock the vote.

3. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rock was a top draw in the wrestling world for 6 years. Andre was a top draw in the wrestling world for 20. Rock's acting career at this point has far eclipsed his wrestling career, while Andre was always best known for being a famous wrestler. I'll take the greatest attraction in wrestling history over the guy that spend most of his relevant years in wrestling playing second fiddle to Steve Austin.

Vote Andre.

5. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know you're defending Andre but when was The Rock the top wrestling draw for 6 years?

Asking for a friend.

7. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Voting is now open!

9. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think it's interesting that one of the arguments against the Rock is that he was so incredibly good and so incredibly popular he became too big for the business of pro wrestling. The only reason the Rock was able to make the transition to the big screen was because of his incredible work in the WWE and his extraordinarily gifted ability to make people care about him.

Certainly Andre was a huge draw, because Rock was such a mega draw he literally outgrew the business entirely. Holding that against him seems a little weak.

11. Likes ShinChan, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'll never take anything away from Andre. He was absolutely one of the biggest stars in the history of Professional Wrestling. The greatest special attraction of all time and he did it for many years. He deserves all the respect and admiration that he gets and then some. Having said all of that, though, the Rock wins this match.

Like I said, I'll never take anything away from Andre, but he was lucky. Lucky in that he wrestled in the time period that he wrestled in. During Andre's heyday, nobody had ever seen anyone, let alone a wrestler, his size. That was the attraction. Not Andre's skill, ring work, or unmatched charisma, but his size. If Andre wrestled today, or even during the Rock's era, do you think he would have been as revered as he was? No he wouldn't have been. He would've been just another huge guy with the Paul Whites, Kevin Nashes, Undertakers, Kanes, Sids, Giant Gonzalezes, and I could go on and on. Andre got over on his sheer size. Whenever Andre did an interview, that's what the subject was about; "Look at the size of this monster". Rock got over on his undeniable charisma. Such was the Rock's charisma that fans would cheer for him and sing a long with him while he was a heel. Such was the Rock's charisma that he went from people chanting 'Die Rocky Die' to people chanting 'Rocky'. Such was the Rock's charisma that just a year after he became the Rock and joined the Nation of Domination he was leading it. Also, such was his charisma that less than six months after leading the Nation of Domination, he left it to become the WWE Champion and work in the main event. After that, he never looked back. He only continued to grow and get more and more over.

I'll never deny Andre's impact on the business of Professional Wrestling or how good the man was, however, he got over on one thing and that was something that he was given and had no control over. I'm not saying that Andre wasn't any good or that he had no charisma, because if he didn't, he wouldn't have stayed over based on sheer size, but it can't be denied that sheer size is what got him over. Rock had to work harder than that to get over and once he did, he only got better and more popular. The Rock transcends the business like nobody ever has and that's even more evidence as to how good the Rock really was.

Know your roles and shut your mouths and vote for the jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eyebrow raising, all around, smacking down, people's champ THE ROCK!!!!!
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 05-14-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I completely missed the SCF Tournament!! For the record, throughout this tournament, I would have voted for:

1 â?? Chris Jericho
    2A â?? Stone Cold Steve Austin
    2B â?? The Rock
    4 â?? Kurt Angle
    5A â?? Ric Flair
    5B â?? Hulk Hogan
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Patrick Star View Post
    I completely missed the SCF Tournament!!
    Haha, no problem! I'm sure there will be another.

15. Likes King Patrick Star liked this post

Thread Information