Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "ALL IN" Sells Out 10K Arena in 30 Minutes

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad for Cody! This is really big. Maybe future events can do those numbers as well.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is fantastic for wrestling in general, furthermore given that the NWA title is involved. I love the idea of the NWA name gaining a little cred back and its belts being defended on large non-WWE shows.

To my mind, there is still a ton of time for WWE to get the clever idea to pick up streaming distrubution rights to this show. Its a way to engage non-fans and pick up at least a couple few 100K new subscribers, especially if they are the only place to stream it live. The show is obviously zero threat to them, since its not associated with an actual promotion, and they could do a very simple three camera shoot. The idea would pay for itself within the first thousand new subscribers they pick up.

4. Likes jmt225, ShinChan, smarkmouth liked this post
    All in all, I have to say that the card isn't really impressing me all that much.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Nick Adlis vs. Cody - This is listed as the main event and it's basically Cody taking on Mr. Mickie James for a championship that's irrelevant.

Singles Match: Kazuchicka Okada vs. Marty Scrull - The first of two matches that I'm interested in.

Singles Match: Stephen Amell vs. Christopher Daniels - I guess it's okay for the indies to do actor vs. wrestler matches but they jump all over WWE for doing it.

Singles Match: Hangman Page vs. Joe Janela - One of the hanger-on members of the Bullet Club against someone I've never heard of.

Fatal Fourway Match: Tessa Blanchard vs. Chelsea Green vs. Madison Rayne vs. Britt Baker - The only other match I'm at all interested in as it's got three of the top females in wrestling, but I have no idea who Britt Baker is.

Six Man Tag Team Match: Rey Mysterio, Bandido & Fenix vs. The Young Bucks & Kota Ibushi - I'm guessing this will be the big spotfest of the night.

Zero Hour (AKA All In Kickoff Show): The Over Budget Battle Royal - All In's version of the ATGMBR only, I presume, without a trophy and comprised of 15 men.

Zero Hour Tag Team Match: The Briscoes vs. Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky -
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pentagon vs Kenny Omega (which is what many are assuming will be announced) will be an absolute classic if it happens. That really is the only suitable main event at this point.

That 6 man tag is going to be a ton of fun.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love the card. Wish Okada was facing someone other than Scrull, who I find disgustingly overrated, but outside of that... I have no complaints and I'm sure Okada will deliver regardless.

This will be the first wrestling pay-per-view I've bought since 2007 (I've been a WWE Network subscriber since day 1 but I don't consider that buying PPVs).

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was feeling like Kenny Omega will face Pentagon. I hope that it happens.

If not that, Golden Lovers Vs. Lucha Bros would be a great one.

11. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    All in all, I have to say that the card isn't really impressing me all that much.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Nick Adlis vs. Cody - This is listed as the main event and it's basically Cody taking on Mr. Mickie James for a championship that's irrelevant.

Singles Match: Kazuchicka Okada vs. Marty Scrull - The first of two matches that I'm interested in.

Singles Match: Stephen Amell vs. Christopher Daniels - I guess it's okay for the indies to do actor vs. wrestler matches but they jump all over WWE for doing it.

Singles Match: Hangman Page vs. Joe Janela - One of the hanger-on members of the Bullet Club against someone I've never heard of.

Fatal Fourway Match: Tessa Blanchard vs. Chelsea Green vs. Madison Rayne vs. Britt Baker - The only other match I'm at all interested in as it's got three of the top females in wrestling, but I have no idea who Britt Baker is.

Six Man Tag Team Match: Rey Mysterio, Bandido & Fenix vs. The Young Bucks & Kota Ibushi - I'm guessing this will be the big spotfest of the night.

Zero Hour (AKA All In Kickoff Show): The Over Budget Battle Royal - All In's version of the ATGMBR only, I presume, without a trophy and comprised of 15 men.

Zero Hour Tag Team Match: The Briscoes vs. Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky -
    I read somewhere that the winner of that battle royal will face Jay Lethal for ROH World Title.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    For what amounted to a bet, it's exceeded my expectations.

14. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    I read somewhere that the winner of that battle royal will face Jay Lethal for ROH World Title.
    Yeah that is the case. It's nice to see a match like that battle royal have some real stakes even if i tend to doubt Lethal drops the belt at All In. Lethal is always good for a fun match.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Yeah, that announcement came out later in the day several hours after I'd made my comment, so that at least gives the battle royal some legit purpose.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information