Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "ALL IN" Sells Out 10K Arena in 30 Minutes

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"ALL IN" Sells Out 10K Arena in 30 Minutes

From wrestlinginc.com
    Despite early traffic issues through the ticket site, it looks like All In is already sold out after going on sale at 4pm ET. Matt Jackson tweeted "We did it. #AllIn" earlier today. Initial prices ranged from $28-$153 and it looks like the secondary market is already up and running for the event. Ticket sales on StubHub are ranging from $135-$1,250. According to F4WOnline.com, one of the event organizers said tickets sold out in about 30 minutes. They also noted this is the first U.S. independent promotion to ever achieve 10k+ tickets sold.
    Remarkable. Granted that secondary market and scalpers probably ate up a small fraction of those tickets, but that remains a testament to the drawing power of the event. I remain not a fan of the Bucks, but I never begrudged their success. Now, I'm left with no choice to admire it.

Hoping this gets streamed, because one way or another this is a special event.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post
    I can honestly say that I'm not at all surprised. They've had lots of time to plan out and hype the event, almost a year now if I'm not mistaken, and people have known for quite some time that a lot of the biggest and most familiar names known to American wrestling fans, outside of WWE, would be involved. We've known from the beginning that Cody, the Young Bucks, Marty Scurll, Kenny Omega, Okada and others would be part of the card. Dave Meltzer has been talking about it a lot and the whole "bet" that was made in which he bet that they couldn't do it was all a work, in my opinion, they've used social media to constantly talk about it to one degree or another.

Is it an "indie" show? I suppose you could technically call it that but the headliners of the show like the Bucks, Omega, Cody, etc. aren't run of the mill "indie guys." The Bucks have been one of the top tag teams in all of wrestling for several years now, like 'em or not. The only things that could've made Kenny Omega's 2017 all the more epic were if he'd won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, which I surmise will happen next month, or if he'd come to WWE and taken either the WWE or Universal Championship, Cody has generated nothing but buzz since popping up in ROH; whether some have liked or hated him, he's been constantly talked about. So yeah, it's not like this thing was going to be headlined by Josh Woods or Cheeseburger.

It's definitely something to brag about, however, as this is the first non WWE wrestling show to sell that many tickets since WCW folded.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes Wildcat66, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Very, very impressive achievement. I could not be happier for those guys. I hope the show goes well.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wonder how many tickets scalpers bought.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Since they were cheap to begin with, probably not as many as the average scalper does with WWE.

Good on these guys for doing what they set out to do and creating some buzz.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Since they were cheap to begin with, probably not as many as the average scalper does with WWE.
    I dunno, probably quite a few. Check the markup between initial ticket prices and secondary market tickets in the OP. I have to imagine scalpers see that value too. I also have to imagine it being a wrestling show in Chicago means something to scalpers.

But once more, saying so doesn't undermine the success of the event and sales.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some more cool little tidbits.

-Rey Mysterio is ALL IN: What's cool about this piece of news is that Rey was announced as taking part in the event during the press conference that coincided with the ticket launch. Bucks and Cody were confident in their event to the point where they didn't even announce their biggest name from the West. Makes you wonder if any other big names make a surprise appearance.

Cody to challenge for the NWA Title: The current champion is Nick Aldis (fka Magnus in TNA). A Rhodes booking themselves in a championship match. Dream would be proud. I don't follow the indies all that much, but I've always enjoyed Cody (to much online-hostility XD), and I held Magnus in some esteem when I watched TNA. Should Magnus hold onto the title, could be a great match.

Weigh In and Press Conference to be hosted day before event

Other wrestlers announced (outside Bullet Club): Matt Cross/Son of Havok, Tessa Blanchard, Chelsea Green, Steve Amell (yup, Arrow is back in a ring), Jay Lethal, Rey Fenix, Impact Wrestling Champion Pentagon Jr, IWGP World Champion Kazuchika Okada.

Starrcast the indie equivalent to Fan Axxess with lots of big names, including Nash, Hall, Lawler. Not to mention that One Hour Tees will be hosting a meet and greet with CM Punk.

Fucking absurd!

11. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Must say, I wasn't really sure if it was possible. But I don't know much about such events.

Still, it's a great achievement. So, Kudos.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    According to Cody, The Bucks and other sources, only about 300. Which out of 10K is rather good. I saw they said they're really disappointed at scalpers marking the tickets up already to over $1000 but knowing their was nothing they could do about it.

14. Likes ShinChan, smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And this will happen in September? Remarkable. How many seats are we talking?

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information