Thread: WWe Money In The Bank: WWE Raw Women's Championship - Nia Jax (c) VS Ronda Rousey

WWe Money In The Bank: WWE Raw Women's Championship - Nia Jax (c) VS Ronda Rousey

This match was announced earlier today during this NBCUniversal presentation, in which WWE was said to be a major part of. As with Rousey's participation in the mixed tag team match at WrestleMania, this will draw attention to MITB for the sheer novelty that this will not only be Rousey's first one on one match, but it's also for a championship.

I'm sure a lot of traditionalists will hate this idea. It's a match that's come out of left field, there are still some doubts as to what Rousey is capable of and that she doesn't "deserve" a title shot for her first singles match. I get that perspective and part of me does agree with it but I'm also a realistic person. Even in legit combat sports, the governing bodies in control will often decide championship matches more by how much money a potential challenger could generate instead of a win/loss record and the name of the game is making money. This match will easily generate more interest and revenue out of anything on the Raw women's roster and if Rousey is able to go out there and deliver like she did at WrestleMania, I don't care if it's her first one on one match or her hundredth.

I suspect there's gonna be some sort of screwball ending here. Rousey cannot just flat out lose in her one on one debut and having her go through Nia all but guarantees that nobody else on Raw will be able to touch her. My guess is that this match takes place after the women's MITB ladder match and that the winner will cash in during the match, making it a three way dance. If that's the plan and if the intention is for the new Ms. MITB to win the title, it'll be done by beating Nia rather than Ronda Rousey.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes ShinChan, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rousey is somebody who should be part-time. It's not going to be long before she's just part of the crowd.

I would've given the title shot to Natalya and had Ronda in her corner. She has a competitive match with Nia but loses, the same happens again next month and she takes out her frustration on Rousey leading to a match at SummerSlam.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lol talk about forced.

They just abandoned any creative plans they had for Ronda and decided to just go all-in. What the hell. No build, no nothing and Ronda gets a title shot as her first singles match.

And this one of those situations where WWE have booked themselves in a corner again.

6. Likes ShinChan, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0
    Lol talk about forced.

They just abandoned any creative plans they had for Ronda and decided to just go all-in. What the hell. No build, no nothing and Ronda gets a title shot as her first singles match.

And this one of those situations where WWE have booked themselves in a corner again.
    Have no doubts it was done for ticket sales and mainstream attention. A DQ finish involving interference to keep both women strong and continue into SummerSlam or set the eventual feud of Natalya-Rousey maybe?
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This could be a good time. Word on the scumsheets for a long time is that Nia takes liberties with people because she is a fat moron who also happens to be the Rock's cousin....so to see someone who can both physically wreck her if she felt like it, and is also a much bigger celebrity star than her pull-wise, can be sweet justice.

There are two rumors here....One that this leads to a same night Nattie cash-in that sees her and Rousey go into a rivalry for summerslam.

The second is that Rousey wants to get pregnant soon, and so WWE is trying to cash in on a Rousey title run as soon as they can.

Both options are stupid (though I suppose there isn't much of a choice on the second one). If you are just doing this for another feud, you should find another way to do it, rather than wasting Rhonda's rise through the ranks.

If its for the kids reason....Its a shame to waste a more fufilling run for Rousey, but there is a lot of solid business to be done with her holding the belt and destroying challenger after challenger.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information