Thread: Sami Zayn Can't Catch A Break

Sami Zayn Can't Catch A Break

On last night's Raw, Sami Zayn announced that he'd be bringing Bobby Lashley's sisters to next week's episode of Raw to refute some of Lashley's claims that he made during the sit down interview with Renee Young.

I have to say that I feel bad for Sami Zayn for a number of reasons. Zayn is a guy who has a lot of ability and he's worked his ass off since arriving in WWE but the guy just can't really gain any traction due to the often questionable booking he's subjected to and next week will probably be no different. Ultimately, all this is setting up is for the pasty, skinny ginger Syrian-Canadian to get his ass kicked by the big stud alpha male Bobby Lashley. Maybe Zayn's tactics will allow him to get the better of Lashley next week but the overall end game is the sort of obvious nonsense that Vince constantly jerks himself off to. Vince just doesn't like a lot of feuds where opponents are booked to be on a similar level; he prefers one guy to have nearly overwhelming advantages in terms of size or power, especially physique, thereby forcing the chicken shit opponent to resort to Hail Mary desperation tactics that almost never work.

I feel these two could have a fun program if Zayn is booked to come off like a threat to Lashley instead of some relatively minor annoyance. Unfortunately, the feeling I get is that this will ultimately be little more than Zayn as this buzzing red mosquito who bugs Lashley for a little while before getting squashed by Lashley before moving further up the card.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Excellent breakdown man. I can't disagree with your analysis here. Pretty much what I would say, you have said here. To follow up on this, I'd say, that Sami should've won at least 1 championship thus far. He's had plenty of opportunities before, but hasn't gotten it done yet. I really want to see him succeed because he is a very talented guy the WWE has on their roster.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As much as turning Zayn heel was sacrilegious to someone like me who just wanted to throw themselves at Sami's feet after his legendary NXT tenure, I understood it. It was an interesting angle. Sami always stayed on the straight and narrow, did things the right way, and what did it get him? An unenviable win-loss ratio and a steady midcard gig. Why not bend the rules? It was an interesting inversion of his time in NXT, where he succeeded despite his insistence that he wouldn't win at all costs, and where he once considered hitting Adrian Neville with a foreign object to even a score, only for the crowd - the crowd - to beg him not to. Only, the heel turn - after showing some early promise in the form of a victory over Randy Orton - promptly collapsed when Sami's win-loss ratio arguably deteriorated. What's more, from what victories he did steal, he wasn't allowed to build any heat, because he would normally get his comeuppance and then some - if not immediately - the week after. Interfere in Shane McMahon's match? Hope you enjoy getting beat down by New Day.

At the end of the day, Bobby Lashley's got to face someone, and that someone is obviously not going to come out on top - nor should they. One could say it's a compliment that they trust Zayn enough to help Lashley break back into the WWE style, but then the same could be said of X-Pac or, whisper it, Dolph Ziggler in years or weeks past.

To indulge in a little fantasy booking, it's noticeable how much chemistry Seth Rollins and Sami have in the ring. Now that both are sharing the same show, I'd like to see them work together.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
    As much as turning Zayn heel was sacrilegious to someone like me who just wanted to throw themselves at Sami's feet after his legendary NXT tenure, I understood it. It was an interesting angle. Sami always stayed on the straight and narrow, did things the right way, and what did it get him? An unenviable win-loss ratio and a steady midcard gig. Why not bend the rules? It was an interesting inversion of his time in NXT, where he succeeded despite his insistence that he wouldn't win at all costs, and where he once considered hitting Adrian Neville with a foreign object to even a score, only for the crowd - the crowd - to beg him not to. Only, the heel turn - after showing some early promise in the form of a victory over Randy Orton - promptly collapsed when Sami's win-loss ratio arguably deteriorated. What's more, from what victories he did steal, he wasn't allowed to build any heat, because he would normally get his comeuppance and then some - if not immediately - the week after. Interfere in Shane McMahon's match? Hope you enjoy getting beat down by New Day.

At the end of the day, Bobby Lashley's got to face someone, and that someone is obviously not going to come out on top - nor should they. One could say it's a compliment that they trust Zayn enough to help Lashley break back into the WWE style, but then the same could be said of X-Pac or, whisper it, Dolph Ziggler in years or weeks past.

To indulge in a little fantasy booking, it's noticeable how much chemistry Seth Rollins and Sami have in the ring. Now that both are sharing the same show, I'd like to see them work together.
    That would be awesome. I like Zayn as a heel. He's been doing a great job. Missed RAW so I didn't see the sisters segment and probably best I didn't as I've seen nothing but bad reviews.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Thread Information