Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool 2 Reviews

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Deadpool 2 Reviews

The review embargo for Deadpool 2 lifted at 12 am this morning and the reviews have been hitting the net left and right. Overall they've been very positive. It has an over all 84% on Rotten Tomatoes right now which is 1% higher than the first film. As long as it's close in tone and humor to the first film I think it'll be a great movie. It looks like Infinity War's dominance at the box office will end this weekend.

I'm excited to see it. What about you guys?

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just got back from seeing it. It's too long and a lot of the jokes didn't hit for me.

Adequate.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Damn you and your future living. I can't see it for another 3 days.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You're not missing much.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wasnâ??t a big fan of the first film and always got the impression things felt too forced. Iâ??ll probably go and see the second one but Iâ??ve not been excited about it in any way

10. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I loved it. All the references and jokes worked for me. I've read quite a few Deadpool comic books and so had a good idea of what the character's like. Ryan Reynolds nailed it in both the movies. Josh Brolin was good too. In fact, I didn't find any character lacking.

I can, however, say that it's not for everyone.

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Domino was really cool. Cable was pretty cool. Deadpool had his moments. The plot was kind of hackneyed, and a lot of the humor just wasn't landing for me. Also someone in my theater shouted, "NO!" in shocked horror when Vanessa got shot, like it was a surprise that was going to happen, and that really pissed me off. Then he preceded to read the comic opening credits line until a brave movie theater hero said something.

C+/B-

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The random cameos were my favourite.

Domino was cool and the actress is hot.

Josh Brolin was good as the straight man to Ryan Reynolds comedy man. The story was good but some of the jokes were reaching a bit.

Probably as good as the first but for different reasons

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Overall, I thought the movie was a lot of fun. I thought all the actors were really good in their roles, especially Reynolds as it just flat out seems like Deadpool is who he was born to play.

I don't know if the humor was quite up to par when compared to the first, but I thought there were plenty of laughs and the cameos added a nice cool factor to the movie.

I wasn't all that hot about certain aspects of the story, namely the whole time travel bit. There's been a lot of tinkering with the timeline/altering the future in the X-Movies as of late and it can really lead to things being unnecessarily convoluted.

To be perfectly honest, while I enjoyed Cable in the movie, I think that the Cable/Deadpool crossover would've worked even more had they already done a Cable movie and saved the crossover for a third Deadpool movie. I think it would've given more time to flesh out a few aspects.

Overall though, Deadpool 2 was a fun popcorn movie with the action and irreverent humor that made the first one such a blast. I just think they're trying to broaden the DP franchise too quickly. It's not on the level of Infinity War but it's still quite good for a Marvel movie that's not part of the MCU.

I give it a solid B.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd like to see Deadpool as a supporting character, a lot like Hulk. I liked the first movie, I just think he'd be a lot better in small doses.

Thread Information