Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadpool 2 Reviews

Deadpool has taken the #1 spot at the box office away from Avengers: Infinity War. DP 2 has taken in a three day domestic haul currently estimated at $125 million and an international total of about $176.3 million for a world wide total of $301.3 million. With a production budget reported to be around $110 million, it's already off to a major start. I don't expect the numbers to be as strong for DP 2 as the overall consensus seems to be that it's a good movie, just not as good as the original. As of right now, DP 2 has the second highest opening weekend for an R rated movie, just behind the first Deadpool movie, which took in $132.4 million in February of 2016, and ultimately wound up taking a total of $783.1 million at the box office. I suspect DP 2 to do somewhere in the $700 to $750 million range as its only real competition for the next month will be Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Avengers: Infinity War, while no longer #1, is still bringing in a ton of business. The mega blockbuster added an estimated $28.7 million to its domestic coffers this weekend, giving it a massive haul of roughly $595 million domestically. With another $1.218 billion internationally, Infinity War is looks poised to be the biggest movie of the year with a worldwide total of $1.813 billion. This summer, the only other movie that I think will give it competition for being the #1 movie of the summer could be Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really enjoyed Deadpool 2. Maybe even more than the first one but for totally different reasons. As some have said, some of the jokes didn't land but for as many that didn't land there were that many that did. It's better than I thought it'd be which is a good thing. No doubt Reynolds was born to be Deadpool and Cable was a great straight man for Deadpool to play off of. A lot of the other characters were great as well. Domino was awesome, still love the dynamic of Deadpool and the X-Men, and that bartender (name escapes me) was once again hilarious.

My only gripe would be that it had too much going on. It just felt like we didn't have enough time to flesh out a lot of the scenes and moments that Deadpool would find himself in. Although, I actually think that kinda works for this character, so I'm torn. Loved all the callbacks to the original though. Also, there were two different scenes in the film that had me laughing so hard I was crying. It really hit for me. Just as good, if not a little better than the original. What makes that the case is that this one had a lot more heart and emotion than the first one. Kinda don't like what they did with the ending, but for Deadpool, again, it kinda works.

Solid B+/A-.

Thread Information