Thread: Impact to USA Network?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Impact to USA Network?

Something that nobody expected could happen in the coming days and is apparently USA Network, would be interested in adding a new Wrestling program to their channel to cover the low WWE Smackdown and this could be Impact Wrestling according to Dave Meltzer.

Dave Meltzer speculated that although USA Network kept the WWE RAW program on its network with a new contract. the loss of WWE Smackdown could push the USA Network to look for a substitute wrestling program to cover that low.

Meltzer spoke about the fact that USA Network is possibly approaching Impact Wrestling and that Impact would â??loveâ? being associated with the network. their current contract with PopTV is not worth as much as the $1 million contract USA Network could offer them.

This will be great news for Impact producers as it would allow them to maintain the program and get new benefits for the program both in advertising and in making themselves known to the general public by being in one of the largest networks in the United States.
    http://wrestlingculture.com/news/wwe...me-tv-channel/

--

What a massive upswing for Impact if they land this. Forget the fact that they'll have a network interested in them. One as prominent as USAN given it's decades-long association with wrestling would be ground-breaking.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youâ??re a good loser, youâ??re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    I don't see it happening. USA will still have Raw and I won't be at all surprised if WWE insisted that NBCU doesn't bring in another wrestling company. WWE has a lot more leverage this time around than when they were negotiating their last TV deal, so if Vince doesn't want a rival wrestling company to have a show on NBCU, it probably won't happen.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information