Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Monday Night Raw LD - May 21, 2018: She's Back

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Reading KB's review has reminded me why I don't watch RAW consistently anymore. Watched the Lashley segment on YT and that was a complete dumpster fire.

A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Missed Raw last night but my Facebook was blowing the fuck up and now I see why:
    Jessica Lashley was portrayed by my friend Victor Andrews, who also has been on NXT as one of Lars Sullivan's tag team partners.

3. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Generally speaking, I thought it was an okay show. I could've done without the unnecessarily and formulaic opening promo segment, but the Reigns vs. Owens and Reigns & Rollins vs. Owens & Mahal matches were fun.

The "Bobby Lashley's Sisters" segment was hot garbage, easily the worst segment of WWE TV this year. Sami Zayn came off like an ineffectual goof, Lashley came off as lame as Roman Reigns when Reigns tries to be funny and the live crowd couldn't have been enticed to care one iota if the ring caught fire. This segment sucked the energy out of much of the rest of the show.

I liked the contract signing segment enough. It was wise to have Stephanie do most of the talking, Rousey's just not there yet and she may never be as conforming to WWE's heavily scripted promos is hit or miss and Nia Jax just doesn't have the charisma or personality, her entire schtick is that she's a 250+ pound part German/part Samoan chick who happens to be the Rock's cousin.

The B-Team is a fun little mid-card tag team, their celebration was fun and MAYBE the team could really be something, though my bet is Vince loses interest in them within a month. They MIGHT last long enough to earn a title shot, which they'll lose, and then Vince will allow them to fade back to comedy jobbers, which they're really only about a step above right now.

Elias injected some life back into the fans. Even though I don't see Elias rising higher than he is right now, he might as well milk it for all he can. I thought is match with Roode was solid, nothing special but it was okay.

Nice to see Ember Moon score a clean win over Alexa Bliss. I probably would've been more into the match if I hadn't gone into it with the presumption that the match was ultimately just a formality for Alexa to win. I probably shouldn't do that but, in my defense, it's hard not to sometimes because of WWE's inconsistent booking. After all, they could do something next week or the week after that renders Moon's victory moot and meaningless.

The main event with Strowman vs. Balor was a lot of fun, probably the best I've seen Strowman look in a singles match in a long while. They generated just enough drama to make it seem like Balor might pull out the upset. Balor lost, as we all expected, but he came out looking like a tough, Irish scrapper who wasn't going to be intimidated by anybody, even someone a good 8 or 9 inches taller and about 200 lbs. heavier.

I give the show a C overall, certainly not great but enough to keep me mostly entertained. Take out the horrible Lashley segment, it might've even gone up as high as a B-. Damn, but that segment sucked and it's one of those outdated, dumbass things that sometimes makes me embarrassed to watch wrestling. Use Sami Zayn for the talented guy he is, Let Bobby Lashley be the legit athletic badass he is and call it a day because garbage like men crossdressing and beating them up by calling upon outdated homophobic standards is not good TV.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Lashley sister in the pink looked exactly like Jacqueline.

7. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information