Thread: Big Cass - Hurt Or Heat?

Big Cass - Hurt Or Heat?

There are a couple of conflicting reports making the rounds regarding Big Cass and his current status.

The first one going around is that Cass may have suffered a legit injury as he's been seen walking around backstage, and during the European tour, with a noticeable limp. Some feel that it's just Cass working people backstage while limping during the European tour was him selling Daniel Bryan's beating on last week's SmackDown Live.

The other one is that there could be some heat on Cass backstage over a segment that went screwy a few weeks back. The segment involved Cass and a little person impersonating Daniel Bryan with Cass then "beating up" said little person to get more heat as a heel; the report says that Cass assaulting the little person wasn't approved of by management. Allegedly, it was Cass' idea, he presented it, it was turned down but he went ahead and did it anyway. As a result of this, it's being said that Cass' momentum may be stalled, AKA his push is over, as that's one reason why his MITB qualifying match with Samoa Joe was cancelled. The plan now is a "second chance" match with Daniel Bryan facing Jeff Hardy on tonight's SmackDown Live and the winner challenging Samoa Joe for the final spot in the men's MITB ladder match next week.

Of course, is Cass is legitimately injured, then it'd also explain why his match with Joe was cancelled. Cass is no stranger to causing some heat backstage as he had some problems before he was injured due to the fact that he was often very vocal and confrontational regarding his support for Donald Trump.

It could be a combination of Cass having heat and being injured simultaneously. IF Cass asked for permission to do something, was denied, and did it anyway, then he could very well be in the shithouse for who knows how long. IF he's legitimately injured, then it's possible that he may have come back too soon, it could be just a minor tweak or maybe it's something that'll give him some problems from here on in.

Then again, maybe none of it's true and this is all just part of the continuation of his program with Daniel Bryan. It does seem a little too convenient for Cass to be hurt or to have heat though, of course, far from impossible. Because of his "injury" at Bryan's hands, he has his opportunity to be in the men's MITB ladder match taken away, maybe Bryan beats Jeff Hardy tonight, goes on to face Samoa Joe next week and that's when Cass strikes in order to cost Bryan his "second chance" and it results in Joe getting the last spot.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was at the house show in Liverpool this time last week and he looked hurt. Limped all the way to the ring, could barely get his leg high enough to get in through the second rope and his match with Tye Dillinger was really short. He did a big boot finish but I think used his other leg to deliver the move

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Apparently it's a legit injury, and he may have tore his ACL again.

Gotta feel bad for the guy.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't. I have not the time or energy to concern myself with the injuries of guys who just exist to me.

Also I feel the feud is a waste of Bryan and I want him to move on and Cass is in the way. So there is that.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he did tear his ACL again, how and when did it happen?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A little sympathy from me, but I wouldn't say I'm worried about him. Because of his size, he'll be given more than two chances than the ill-timed injuries will cost him.

That being said, maybe he's just not built for this. Ironically, I think he might be better used as a hype man if he can't keep going.

9. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post
    Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he is hurt again, which seems to be looking more and more like the case, I have a hard time seeing him coming back in a meaningful way. Shit, the WWE lost interest in the revival in about 6 months because of injuries, and this guy will be looking at nearly two years on the shelf in total when all said and done.

They have similar size guys who do things better than Cass. I can see the WWE moving on from here.

11. Likes Wildcat66, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information