Thread: What do you currently like in the WWE?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What do you currently like in the WWE?

We usually post threads in order to complain and discuss the negative stuff about the product, but let's make a change and since I'm feeling happy today, let's discuss the good things in the company.

Nakamura's heel work
    Despite many, IMO, misteps in his booking, Nakamura as an individual has completely owned this heel turn. His work has been amazing.

The Miz
    Nothing new here. The Miz has been performing at a main event calliber since he won the Intercontinental Championship the night after WM 32. That's two years. He has turned into the most consistent wrestler on the roster.

Sami Zayn
    This time last year I called Sami Zayn "a glorified Christian". I was wrong. Zayn is a compeltely different person as a heel. He's a natural and seems really comfortable. The fans haven't really embraced him yet, but I think this won't be long. The only thing he needs is a proper singles feud. I'm hoping for a personal Rollins vs Zayn feud after this garbage with Lashley is over. Speaking of which:

Seth Rollins
    Seth just makes me want to watch him. He needed two years in order to get over properly as a babyface after the writers butchered him, but now it's amazing to watch him talk and perform.

Ziggler and McIntyre
    It has potential and it's starting to grow on me. I really like how they ACTUALLY seem hungry for glory. You can see some passion in their work. Let's see where this goes.

Elias
    What can I say here. The name speaks for itself.

Jeff Hardy & Daniel Bryan
    That's an interesting pair. It's nice to see them both trying to regain the fire they had once. Let's see who comes out on top.

And I think that's about it for me. The women have fallen for me, and the tag division is in a rebuilding phase in both brands with nothing really to get your attention. Braun and AJ were on fire last year, but now they seem to have "blented in". They don't have the same fire behind them any more, so let's see where they go and the same goes for Kevin Owens. Reigns was also better last year. He also seems off to me. Lashley has been a failure and the same goes for Bobby Roode. Balor is still finding his footing and is still connecting with the fans. Joe really dissapointed me at Backlash, so I'll see where he goes from here.

PS: I'm very happy watching Jinder and Big Cass actually trying to be better every week. I'm looking forward to Big Cass' return and hope that they don't punish him further after his mistake.

So, what about you?

2. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seth Rollins - the classic midcard workhorse prototype
    Nakamura's heel work - his expressions
    The women - sometimes the highlight of the night
    Tag scene - good number of solid teams
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

4. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like the production of the WWE as a whole (Insert Fuck you Kevin Dunn). The video packages, especially for PPV's are awesome. You will not find anything better than that. Second, I love the new additions of the WWE Network shows. Sure, they probably not your thing, and I don't blame you for that. However, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, (when there is no PPV) they're fun to watch just for the entertainment aspect. No, I don't care about Total Bella's, Total Diva's, or Camp WWE. However, I get in a few LOL's by watching them.

The WWE Network is definitely one of the things I enjoy about WWE at the moment. Reason being, there's something available on the Network for everybody. Anything from Survivor Series to the Monday Night Wars to WWE Legends of Wrestling (which is way underrated by the way). Anyway, I'm really digging the likes of: Braun, New Day, Miz, Rollins, Joe etc. There's a superstar for everyone to be a fan of. There is a lot to like about the current WWE product right now. Even if your favorite Superstar doesn't win every match, everyone on this sub enjoy's the entire product. Look, we all can agree that we all won't agree with the booking or the creative decisions for our favorites, but WWE has something to present for everyone. That, is what I currently like about the WWE.

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    I think there's quite a lot to enjoy about WWE. Sure, I'm not gonna like some angles or some wrestlers getting pushed but that's par for the course for wrestling. Always has been and always will be. As for narrowing it down to specifics in terms of content, in no particular order:

Daniel Bryan
    Seth Rollins
    Drew McIntyre
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    Jeff Hardy
    Mustafa Ali
    Drew Gulak
    Cedric Alexander
    Buddy Murphy
    Hideo Itami
    Akira Tozawa
    The Bar
    The Usos
    The New Day
    The Bludgeon Brothers
    The B-Team
    Charlotte Flair
    Asuka
    Alexa Bliss
    Carmella
    Bayley
    Sasha Banks
    Ruby Riott
    Ronda Rousey
    WWE's TV production
    WWE Network

I could probably go on and on, especially if I put NXT into this instead of focusing just on the main roster.

WWE's got the talent, the biggest problems lie with, in my opinion, Vince McMahon being in charge of the creative process. Triple H is supposed to be in charge of that area but it's just a title as Vince approves and/or sometimes comes up with what we see on TV each week. What we often see is a lack of consistency when it comes to booking, overreliance on outdated material and an unwillingness to allow most of the wrestlers to be more organic. Some weeks, we'll get a good show, some weeks we'll get a bad show, we'll get a spectacular show every once in a while and a flat out lousy show every once in a while and part of that is Vince not really caring about continuity. As for the rest of it, just look at the Sami Zayn & Bobby Lashley segment on Raw, easily the worst WWE segment of the year and possibly even longer. Bobby Lashley is a big ol' badass, so let him be a big ol' badass. It's simple, it's easy and it damn sure works for him but trying to make him this sorta funny guy goes over as well as it did with Roman Reigns. Sami Zayn has loads of talent in the ring and on the mic, the guy's got tons of personality but he's being made to look like this dancing buffoon who's just a minor annoyance to Lashley instead of a threat.

Work on consistency, actually allow the wrestlers to have personas that flow with who they are instead of trying to can them into what you think they should be and stop with the outdated humor, especially if it's bordering on homophobia or advocating beating up cross dressers. Consistency, caring about continuity and...well...a little thing called actually paying attention to what and who the fans are into and couple that with the roster and financial resources of WWE and nobody could even remotely come close to touching WWE in any aspect.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Braun
    McIntyre
    Almas
    Bryan
    Miz
    B-Team

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Shinsuke Nakamura

Braun Strowman

Seth Rollins

Alexa Bliss

Asuka

11. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The athleticism. Nobody really stands out because of it, but at least I know jobbers could put on a clinic if asked.

13. Likes mrluck_07, smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post
    Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT. Its simplistic booking, its lack of need to simply fill space because of the hours, the logical and direct way they can use people. They easily build long term storylines and title reigns because of their short time slot and easy PPV schedule.

I also like the potential of the Smackdown brand, if not its execution. They have the two most over babyfaces of two eras in Daniel Bryan and Jeff Hardy, plus the two best overall performers in wrestling in AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Drew McIntyre for one. Huge advocate of him way back during the Broken Dreams era (what I would give to have that back, would even settle for a remix. I marked like a child when I heard it in the hype video for him vs Roode). I understand he didnt click the first time around but since he's gained about 100 pounds of muscle and grew the beard the guy screams mega star. Can go in the ring and talk as well.

Jeff, Bryan, Joe and Styles all being on Smackdown help as well. Even if the booking is pretty shit and has been since around Smackdowns inception, just the potential on that show is enough to keep me watching.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like the Championship Title Belts, but I always have and I always will. One thing I do like about the WWE today is that I don’t have to watch Raw or Smackdown or NXT or pay per views to keep up with the product, if I chose to or not. Sadly, that’s about it.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

19. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information