Thread: Boba Fett Movie

Boba Fett Movie

It was announced yesterday, or possibly Thursday, that James Mangold is set to both write and direct a stand alone Boba Fett movie.

Now, I'm not necessarily the biggest Star Wars fan, I mean I do enjoy the franchise as a whole and the movies are entertaining, but I have absolutely zero interest in this. I don't really understand why so many fans are into such a minor character, though I'm sure it has a lot to do with Star Wars extended universe such as video games and various books that've come out over the years, but I just don't really care.

I'm sure the movie will make a ton of money as there are legions of fans who'll always flock to theaters when it comes to any and all things Star Wars.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes smarkmouth, #AbsoluteUnit liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Boba's plus collumn begins and ends at his wicked-cool armour, on which he's coasted into cult status among Star Wars fans. Myself included, in my younger years.

Then again, this is one of the very few "original universe" characters who is a person of colour, as per the prequel trilogy. The new films have made great strides in diverse casting, and it's great to see that trend continue.

Plotwise, I hope they just remake Smokin' Aces, but with Star Wars bounty hunters.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Agreed. Not a big fan of this move. If we're talking minor characters, why won't someone make a stand alone movie about Jar Jar? Ki-Adi-Mundi? Kit Fisto? Hell, why not even Jabba? I get he's one of the biggest cult icons regarding Star Wars fans. But to me, this seems like a real reach.

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I admit, I'm a Boba Fett fanboy. I've even got a teacup to drink out of designed like his helmet. But considering how shallow and corporate the new Star Wars movies are (with the exception of Rogue One, which I thought was fine for what it was), this doesn't interest me. Disney just want as much excuses to sell toys as possible, as opposed to making a meaningful story like the original trilogy, which funnily enough, managed to sell far more toys in its heyday because it wasn't just a vehicle to sell toys first and tell a story later.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

7. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If it's just called Fett I might be interested.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was very underwhelmed with Force Awakens and haven't watched any new Star Wars film since (although my friends say Rogue One is good)

The idea of a Boba Fett movie is interesting as we don't know that much about him (unless you know about the expanded universe)

A film told in flashback about how he becomes a badass bounty hunter would be interesting. Heck have the film start with him crawling out of the sarlacc pit and reminiscence on how he got there

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think that's the problem with this film, most think of him as a badass but there's been no evidence to support it. It'll also be another inconsequential prequel.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought his reasons for being a bounty hunter was covered in Episode II as well as the reason not to explore the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I think that's the problem with this film, most think of him as a badass but there's been no evidence to support it. It'll also be another inconsequential prequel.
    That's how I look at him. If you're someone who's only real exposure to Star Wars has been the movies, then there's nothing to support the notion that he's a badass. His old man and/or the guy he was cloned from, Django Fett, sure seeing as how he took on Obi Wan Kenobi in Attack of the Clones and ultimately came out on the winning end of things. Boba Fett's was always just shown standing around, usually holding a gun in his hand, and the one time he's shown to even try to fight, he winds up getting eaten by that...what'sit in the desert in Return of the Jedi.

So yeah, completely uninterested just as I was for Rogue One. Like Rogue One, it'll answer a few questions that die hard fans have talked about for decades and give them some closure, but that's about it.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes mrluck_07, Fillet Club liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    I thought his reasons for being a bounty hunter was covered in Episode II as well as the reason not to explore the reasons.
    All I remember from Episode II was his dad did bounty hunting and got killed by Mace Windu.

Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    He had a cool voice in the original non changed movies

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    That's how I look at him. If you're someone who's only real exposure to Star Wars has been the movies, then there's nothing to support the notion that he's a badass. His old man and/or the guy he was cloned from, Django Fett, sure seeing as how he took on Obi Wan Kenobi in Attack of the Clones and ultimately came out on the winning end of things. Boba Fett's was always just shown standing around, usually holding a gun in his hand, and the one time he's shown to even try to fight, he winds up getting eaten by that...what'sit in the desert in Return of the Jedi.

So yeah, completely uninterested just as I was for Rogue One. Like Rogue One, it'll answer a few questions that die hard fans have talked about for decades and give them some closure, but that's about it.
    That's basically why I didn't go see Rogue One. I knew how it was going to go so I didn't see the point in seeing it.

Again the only way a Boba Fett movie will work is if they show what he did between Episode II and Episode V and/or show what happened after he got eaten by the Sarlacc (I know in the comics he escapes)

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

16. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information