Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you induct?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who would you induct?

There's certainly no shortage of conversation about the WWE Hall Of Fame. Questionable entries. Snubs. If you were to create a WWE Hall Of Fame who would you induct?
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

2. Likes King Patrick Star liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rock. Yes, I'm very biased but to see him going into the hall of fame would make me mark the hell out.

4. Likes Jack-Hammer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    With the notable push to women's wrestling (on top of the rumored Ronda vs. Charlotte Main Event), and it taking place in the New York/New Jersey region, I think it would be crazy as fuck to leave the most important celebrity to Wrestlemania's legacy off the list. Cyndi Lauper more than deserves her due, no question.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    For the very first induction ceremony, I think we'd need at least one megastar to be inducted and, as of right now, the biggest star I can think of who's currently not in any sorta wrestling HOF is the Rock. Let's face it, the Rock is the guy who challenges Stone Cold Steve Austin as "the face" of WWE during the Attitude Era, he's a 10 time World Champion, 2 time Intercontinental Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion, a Royal Rumble winner in 2000, is arguably the best talker in the history of the industry and is probably the single biggest action film star in the world right now. The only reason he's already not in the WWE HOF is the hope, on both sides, that the Rock can somehow find a way to wrestle again at a big WWE event again.

You want people to notice, you want people to care, then announce the Rock as the inaugural inductee and you'll have attention from all corners of wrestling and mainstream media.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    All due respect to the Rock, I feel like undertaker is the guy, longevity alone.

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know that this is a far out reply, but this is more for the "Warrior Wing" (though I'd rename that): Chris Nowinski. He didn't have much of a wrestling career, though he was fairly entertaining in his short time, but his post-retirement career has had significant and worthwhile impact on the WWE. Honouring his work in CTE science could be cathartic, and a healing moment for the industry.

12. Likes mrluck_07, Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I know that this is a far out reply, but this is more for the "Warrior Wing" (though I'd rename that): Chris Nowinski. He didn't have much of a wrestling career, though he was fairly entertaining in his short time, but his post-retirement career has had significant and worthwhile impact on the WWE. Honouring his work in CTE science could be cathartic, and a healing moment for the industry.
    Yeah, I could see that. Nowinski's career was cut short due to the fact he suffered a number of pretty serious concussions within the short time he was working for WWE and his work regarding CTE over the course of the last 10 years or so has been really beneficial.

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes mrluck_07, smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Yeah, I could see that. Nowinski's career was cut short due to the fact he suffered a number of pretty serious concussions within the short time he was working for WWE and his work regarding CTE over the course of the last 10 years or so has been really beneficial.
    I should continue my thought, though. I would love to see Nowinski's work acknowledged on WWE air but I'm not holding my breath. Inducting him into the Hall of Fame is an unspoken invitation to the Nancy Grace's of the world to revisit their looks into the worse natures of WWE's history. Almost as if the good of his induction will immediately undo itself.

Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I should continue my thought, though. I would love to see Nowinski's work acknowledged on WWE air but I'm not holding my breath. Inducting him into the Hall of Fame is an unspoken invitation to the Nancy Grace's of the world to revisit their looks into the worse natures of WWE's history. Almost as if the good of his induction will immediately undo itself.
    That's a good point and one I can't believe I overlooked. Anything regarding Nowinski will essentially make it open season on WWE for anyone that's ever had any sort of criticism about the company regarding CTE. I mean, it is WWE after all and no matter what WWE does, even if it's genuinely altruistic, critics come from all over to crucify it. It'd almost certainly bring up the Benoit tragedy all over again so this is probably a road best not gone down anytime remotely soon.

Conan Of Cimmeria

17. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If we're talking people not in already, there are some big names out there, but there's one who is above all of them (including Rock and Undertaker): Vince McMahon.

Very simply put, we're not doing this stuff if Vince isn't around. He's the biggest game changer in the history of wrestling and took it from regional to the global phenomenon that it has become. I'm sure someone would have taken it national one day, but would it have worked? It's really hard to say yes to that, at least at the same level Vince has gotten it to. Sure he may be insane at times and do things that make you feel like he needs to be in a home somewhere, but he created this world that we watch today and without him, there is no Hall of Fame, there is no list of inductees and there is no WWE.

19. Likes mrluck_07, smarkmouth, Wildcat66 liked this post

Thread Information