Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Raw LD - June 4, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Then again they're about to be pulling in $470 million a year so what do we know?
    That is, and probably has been for a long while, an example of Vince's answer to most criticisms aimed towards WWE. Even if the criticisms are justified, which they sometimes are, Vince can just simply say something along the lines of "Well, my company took in over $800 million in revenue last year, how much did yours do?" or "Well, I'm in the process of finalizing a TV deal with Fox for SmackDown. With it and our new deal for Raw with NBCU that kicks in October of next year, WWE will be pulling down fairly close to a half billion in revenue from TV rights alone. How's your TV deal working out for you, if you even have one, that is?"

It's kind of infuriating because...well, it's not is if those responses don't have a lot of weight. It's pretty damn hard to argue with someone and tell them what they're doing is wrong when that someone is a heartbeat away from finalizing a TV deal worth $1.025 billion. Doesn't mean the criticisms aren't valid, but their sting loses a helluva lot of venom coming from former employees, some of whom have an axe to grind anyway, and fans who haven't worked a day in the wrestling business in their lives when put up against such huge numbers.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: June 4, 2018
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, David Otunga

Weâ??re less than two weeks away from Money in the Bank and that means itâ??s time to probably hit the brakes with the Money in the Bank build. Thatâ??s the case tonight as we have Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens and Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Roode. Oh and we get to find out who is next up to challenge Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt. Letâ??s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Well Duh. Why Would You Think That Would Work?
    I don't think I've ever agreed more with one of your reviews. What an awful, horrendous show. You'd think after Backlash and TGRR that it wouldn't surprise me that WWE could put on this low caliber of a show with the roster they have, but the main product in 2018 just keeps topping itself in atrociousness as the year continues.

Vince really just needs to fuck off already. Of course dumb ass WWE fans will continue to bow down and suck his dick every time he makes an appearance, but Vince really is just a stupid old man at this point that has nothing to offer creatively except repugnant ideas.

4. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I don't think I've ever agreed more with one of your reviews. What an awful, horrendous show. You'd think after Backlash and TGRR that it wouldn't surprise me that WWE could put on this low caliber of a show with the roster they have, but the main product in 2018 just keeps topping itself in atrociousness as the year continues.

Vince really just needs to fuck off already. Of course dumb ass WWE fans will continue to bow down and suck his dick every time he makes an appearance, but Vince really is just a stupid old man at this point that has nothing to offer creatively except repugnant ideas.
    This is the annual MITB problem and it's always the same. I hate it every year and it never changes.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sooo was there anything good to watch or should I just skip the whole show?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Sooo was there anything good to watch or should I just skip the whole show?
    Renee Young's outfit was pretty easily the only good thing, so just skip it

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Renee Young's outfit was pretty easily the only good thing, so just skip it
    When isn't that the best thing on the show?

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information