Thread: If/When Triple H Assumes Control Of WWE....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If/When Triple H Assumes Control Of WWE....

What do you think would be the chance of Triple H being willing to do a cross promotional show between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling, or at least New Japan and NXT? I'm just asking based on what we seem to know regarding Triple H and how he does things in regards to his approach to other promotions.I guess one reason I'm curious is due to Chris Jericho kinda sorta technically being a 10 time Intercontinental Champion after defeating Tetsuya Naito at Dominion and how much of a shame it'll be that it'll never be acknowledged in any way by WWE if/when Chris Jericho makes is way back to WWE. He's not a 10 time WWE Intercontinental Champion but I thought it'd be sort of fitting to refer to Jericho as a 10 time IC champ because he actually is and because WWE loves using ultra technical crap whenever it suits them. Hell, the less sense a technicality makes, the more they try to squeeze it into things.

I suppose another factor in my musings about it is WWE's expansion into the UK and the working relationships formed with companies like Evolve and Progress Wrestling, something that I believe Triple H is the driving force behind but has been allowed to cultivate by Vince because those companies are only at a certain level when it comes to TV exposure when compared to WWE.

After all, it'd be kinda cool to see something like Jericho vs. Rollins in a clash of the IC Champions or Styles vs. Omega and the numerous other potential dream matches anyone can come up with.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have to imagine he'd consider it if the deal is good. I like that with Triple H, the possibility, however small, is on the table. Unlike Vince, who other than a snide remark at the competition's expense, would rather pretend he's the only option in pro-wrestling(**). To validate the possibility even further, take a look at NXT sending Kassius Ohno or Adam Cole to Evolve and other like-promotions. Not to mention the special appearance by Jushin Liger at a TakeOver in recent years.

It's fun to imagine how cross promotion could further manifest. I remember when ECW showcased Michinoku Pro Wrestling at Barely Legal 97 by giving them a spot for a six man tag team match. Can you imagine WWE doing that? Hell, this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but imagine Night of Champions featured an Progress Championship match between two of Progress' own talents.

**Correction while I research as I type, but MPW also worked with WWF on a few examples of talent exchanges. The way this working relationship ended, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what soured Vince on sharing with other companies.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not if, but when Triple H assumes control of the WWE, the chances of him being willing to do a cross promotional show between NXT and New Japan Pro Wrestling, or Ring Of Honor, or Impact Wrestling, or Lucha Underground, or AAA, or any other promotion around the World is 100% guaranteed. I’m willing to bet that HHH will do everything is his power to bring more eyes to the entire industry, so that everyone prospers.

Not if, but when Triple H assumes control of the WWE, the chances of him being willing to do a cross promotional show between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling, or Ring Of Honor, or Impact Wrestling, or Lucha Underground, or AAA, or any other promotion around the World is 0% guaranteed. I’m willing to bet that HHH will do everything is his power to honor Vince McMahon’s vision of the WWE, and keep Raw and Smackdown as the elite Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment shows in the Universe.
    I donâ??t know if you know!! I donâ??t know if you care!! I donâ??t care if you know!! I donâ??t care if you care!!

I will tell you something about anything, if not everything!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Eventually he will have to. They may not sustain the roster and scope which will lead to trimming down. Whether its bc of XFL over extension, losing advertisers, loss in merch, etc the bottom will fall out. Business is cyclical. Some names will be gone and it would make sense to have one or two shows a year where they share venues and costs with other promotions.

WWE marketing +cross promotional talent is a good thing. Hunter would be looking out for the boys in getting an extra payday or two & it would cost the company much less to run. Hunter can learn from the mistakes and strengths of not only Vince but what Turner did too. Besides .. a monopoly isnt fun and competition will make for a better overall business.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information