Thread: Vader Passes Away at 63

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vader Passes Away at 63

https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/sta...47703418408960

I just said the other day in the HOF thread how I considered Vader to be the best retired American wrestler alive to not get into the WWE Hall of Fame besides The Rock.

It was something he so badly wanted and begged for the past few years, knowing he most likely didn't have much time left on Earth.

It truly breaks my heart that WWE didn't grant him that simple wish after everything Vader did in the business. Utterly disgraceful, in fact.

Anyway, RIP to a true legend. His matches against Sting are some of my favorite matches ever. Vader was the first true monster I remember in pro wrestling as a kid. And I hated him for beating up the guys I loved, but as I grew up, I of course came to appreciate the talent Vader had and the countless entertaining matches he blessed us with. Not to mention his appearances on one of my favorite childhood TV shows Boy Meets World... how could I not love Vader after that?

Vader had a one of a kind life and while 63 is still too young, regardless that's a full life that should be celebrated. I just really wish he got that WWE HOF induction like he deserved. If it didn't mean anything to him then it wouldn't bother me.... but he was pleading for it the past few years. It just really sucks that he didn't get that honor when he was still alive.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This sucks. I always loved Vader for his agility, strength and gimmick, particularly in early 90's WCW. And you're right, his feud with Sting was amazing.

RIP to a legend, I hope he's HoF inbound next year.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

3. Likes mrluck_07, Wildcat66, jmt225, Fillet Club liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wasn't expecting this news this morning though I knew he had been sick. One of the best, if not the best, big men in wrestling ever.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

5. Likes jmt225 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shit ! One of my favorite wrestlers ever. Especially WCW Vader. R.I.P.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

7. Likes jmt225, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a person who became a fan of Vader's relatively late in my wrestling fandom. It was actually some of you, most notably IC25, that forced me to take a look at and notice Vader's talents and abilities. That was in 2009. So while I didn't grow up a Vader fan, (His wars with Sting were before I started watching wrestling in 94 and way before I started watching WCW in 97) I've definitely come to appreciate his impact in the business and how good of a professional wrestler he really and truly was. Vader should've been a HoFer a long damn time ago and it would've been awesome to see him accept and give a speech. Hopefully he'll make it in next year's class. He more than deserves it.

R.I.P. Big Van Vader

9. Likes jmt225, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was a shame that he wasn't inducted into the HOF while he as alive. A freaking 8 time world champion across every major wrestling promotion of the 90's sans WWE.

Like many here, I was such a big fan of Vader, and it's awful that he died so relatively young. I'll have to go on a binge watching spree later.

RIP big guy. You were one of the best to ever grace a ring.

11. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    R.I.P. Vader. He did most of his work in Japan, and I was a fan of his. Say hi to all the lost professional wrestlers that we all loved and lost. He will be missed.

13. Likes jmt225, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information