I don't think fans appreciate the kind of career Jerry Lawler has had. I've heard Raven and Jim Cornette call Jerry Lawler possibly the greatest ever, and I think 99.9% of wrestling fans would scoff at that notion. But is it really that preposterous to suggest?

Think about it....

Jerry Lawler has had a near 40 year career in the business.

He was a top guy in his region for 15 years that sold out the venue week after week and did tremendous ratings all throughout that time.

He was a top guy as both a heel and a babyface (very rare).

He was the first to bring pro wrestling back to the mainstream spotlight since the 1950's with his feud against Andy Kaufman.

He is one of the greatest promo cutters of all time.

He was a master storyteller in the ring that could always get the fans emotionally invested in his matches.

His selling was off the charts.

His fiery comeback was second to none.

He owned and booked a VERY successful Memphis territory for many, many years.

He became one of the most lauded color commentators of all time in the biggest pro wrestling company in history.

All in all, isn't all of this remarkably impressive? Just ONE of these accomplishments is enough to praise someone's career in pro wrestling, but all of them put together? Nobody has ever come close to having a career like this, and quite frankly... nobody would have the talent, intelligence, and discipline to pull it off other than Jerry Lawler.

I'm not willing to call Lawler the greatest ever, but thinking about his accomplishments in pro wrestling... I'm very willing to say he's in the top 10.

What do you guys think? Am I overrating Lawler's achievements? If so, what more would Lawler had to do throughout his career for you to consider him all time great?