Thread: Xavier after New Day

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Xavier after New Day

While it would be unfair to say that New Day is on the verge of disbanding (barring a swerve), it's also not an unreasonable time to consider what happens to the members of the faction do once the days of pancakes and positivity come to an end.

As the title suggests, I'm more interested in talking about Xavier Woods in this discussion. I think it's common consensus that WWE investing in Big E as a major player is to be expected. Kofi Kingston has suggested in interivews that once New Day is done he'll be considering retirement. This leaves Xavier as somewhat of an odd man out.

Luckily, Xavier has a few major plusses in his favour. Most notably, the success of UpUpDownDown. His success with this platform is certainly noteworthy, especially these past few weeks. New Day will be facing off with The Elite in a Street Fighter competition today, which WWE has been promoting on social media. Xavier was also announced this week as a playable character in the upcoming Bomberman. I can't recall a time when a WWE star was in a non-wrestling video game. The success of this show would have protected a lesser-talented wrestler than Xavier, but Xavier has more to offer.

For one thing, he's effortlessly comfortable on the mic, and as proven by New Day and his revolving door of UUDD guests, he has chemistry with just about anyone. The disbanding of the New Day will be a small shame in this. Xavier as a solo act will likely have less screen time with an on-screen playmate.

Maybe not though. Maybe Xavier forms a new team or faction. I deliberately avoided the term "thrown into a new team", because there's more value to Xavier than being put in a team with someone else who doesn't have anything going on. Sure, it may feel like spinning wheels, but consider someone like Cesaro. He's been in three different tag teams in WWE, all three with distinct personalities. There's no reason Xavier couldn't be doing the same thing, so long as creative efforts are put in.

Where do you think Xavier goes in a post-New Day environment? Singles star? New teammate? Mouthpiece? Endeavoured?

2. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    205 Live if that's still going. The New Day are no longer a big deal as a collective so I see them all struggling.

4. Likes jmt225, smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    205 Live if that's still going.
    I agree, Xavier is the perfect guy to build 205 Live around.

Great talker, large internet following, entertaining in the ring.... he's what they pictured Enzo being when they moved him there.

6. Likes smarkmouth, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is he not heavier than 205? He looks heavier.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Is he not heavier than 205? He looks heavier.
    I doubt he weighs more than Neville or Buddy Murphy.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I never considered 205 Live, but that's a great idea. I'd have scoffed if this was suggested in January, but 205 has earned a star or two.

He's billed at 210. I thought it was more as well, but as jmt, there's heavier looking people on the show. Fudged weights wouldn't surprise me.

10. Likes jmt225, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information